Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got mine today. Very easy to install and get up and running (I'm always worried about removing and replacing trim; it doesn't always go back where it belongs easily, but I had no issues at all). I think they've got a nice balance between simplicity and detail. I like that it's "read-only" and doesn't change the car at all.

Frankly what I'm most worried about is whether I will always find it worth it to start the app on my phone and place it on the mount before going for a drive. We shall see. Even if I don't use it all the time, it's nice to know I could use it to access some of its info if needed.

Reactions: Kate@Teslogic
Hi all!

We are developers of Teslogic.

We’ve already published this tread on Model 3 forum, but our device is also designed for Model Y, so we’d like to post it here as well just in case.
You can see the discussion here.

As Tesla enthusiasts we decided to develop our own transmitter and the app. The transmitter connects to two can buses and turns a phone into a full-on instrument cluster.

You can see Teslogic in action in this video:

We’ve been testing the app for a year and, based on our own experience as Tesla users, we’ve designed the most interesting screens and functions:

Main screen allows to track the current speed, autopilot modes, current trip distance, power and battery of your Tesla.
Energy consumption screen shows a detailed picture of how different vehicle systems consume power. You can monitor power redistribution in real time and try to optimize consumption.
Performance screen gives you all performance mode data regardless of your Tesla version. No need to buy any special device, you can check the dynamics acceleration and drag time at any moment.
Car data screen displays all needed info about your car, most of which you can't find in Tesla's interface (actual condition of the battery, how much energy was received during the entire life of the car, how much was spent while parked, etc.)
Navigation map screen based on Google Maps, which has much more up-to-date data than Tesla's maps. On this screen you can also always see the current speed, speed limit and autopilot mode.

View attachment 831513

Some features that our customers find most useful:

• All notifications are duplicated on your phone, no matter what screen you’re using at the moment.
• Green turn signals are clearly visible on any screen. And if a car appears in a blind spot, the turn signal is highlighted with red, so you can feel more confident while driving.

View attachment 831514

Things we are often asked about:

• Teslogic works in two systems – imperial and SI. The application switches to the system used in Tesla's main interface.
• Installing the transmitter doesn't make any changes to the car equipment, so it won't affect the warranty in any way.

As we are starting deliveries, preorder price of 149$ will be valid till the end of July.

You can order a kit on our website.

Appstore
Google Play
I have a MXLink+ OBD adapter and my own phone mount. Can I just put purchase the app? Will it work with MXLink+?

Last edited:
I didn't like taking out my phone, starting the app, and mounting it each time I got in the car.

I had an extra phone sitting around, so I put the app on that. I also made the phone unlock automatically when it sees the Teslogic device. It works great when I am out and about and Sentry is on (which apparently keeps Teslogic on).

But when I am home, with Sentry off, usually what happens is...nothing. I turn the phone on, and unlock it (since it doesn't happen by itself, maybe because Teslogic takes a while to start up?) and then it just sits there forever saying it's waiting to connect. If I force-stop Teslogic and restart, it works.

That's not quite the experience I was going for. I suppose I could leave Sentry on at home, but I'd rather let the car rest. So now when I get home I switch away from the app, and when I restart the car (I still have to unlock the phone) I start the app, and it generally connects just great.

Reactions: DaveNN
I didn't like taking out my phone, starting the app, and mounting it each time I got in the car.

I had an extra phone sitting around, so I put the app on that. I also made the phone unlock automatically when it sees the Teslogic device. It works great when I am out and about and Sentry is on (which apparently keeps Teslogic on).

But when I am home, with Sentry off, usually what happens is...nothing. I turn the phone on, and unlock it (since it doesn't happen by itself, maybe because Teslogic takes a while to start up?) and then it just sits there forever saying it's waiting to connect. If I force-stop Teslogic and restart, it works.

That's not quite the experience I was going for. I suppose I could leave Sentry on at home, but I'd rather let the car rest. So now when I get home I switch away from the app, and when I restart the car (I still have to unlock the phone) I start the app, and it generally connects just great.
Same experience.
Not sure if mine would unlock as does yours, so mine is permanently unlocked...
I now hide mine away, if parked up away from home...Best not to tempt fate, I suppose.

I'm still, however, delighted with my Teslogic.
Sure, it's a bit buggy ...I sometimes have to reboot for it to connect but...come on...it's not an expensive gadget and I believe it's good value for money.

Reactions: Jaymc5
After a successful pairing. On my IPhone 12 I decided to stick to a lighter Android cheap phone. So I deleted the Bluetooth pairing on my IPhone and try to pair with Android. No luck. Pairing failed. Tried again on my IPhone and it doen’t detect the Teslogic module anymore. A reboot of the car doesn’t solve the issue.

What am I doing ?

After a successful pairing. On my IPhone 12 I decided to stick to a lighter Android cheap phone. So I deleted the Bluetooth pairing on my IPhone and try to pair with Android. No luck. Pairing failed. Tried again on my IPhone and it doen’t detect the Teslogic module anymore. A reboot of the car doesn’t solve the issue.

What am I doing ?
It's not necessary to delete the paring, closing the app in the manager is enough. To pair the phone with Teslogic again you just need to launch the app and wait. If not connected, restart your phone.

Hi all!

We just released an update, tried to take into account most of your comments.

Of the big updates:
  • Low vision mode with enlarged interface elements and fonts. It will be convenient for drivers with glasses and anyone who wants to increase the comfort for the eyes. Definitely try it out, we use it ourselves.
IMG_4482.PNG

IMG_4481.PNG

• We added a settings section, you can find it on the very left screen. What settings are currently available: day/night theme, routing type, screen changing options, low vision mode, font size in notifications, widgets side in navigation, nerd mode.
Other added features:
  • Calculation of DC charging percentage and average daily consumption to the Car data screen.
  • Now the last VIN numbers on the Car data screen are hidden and can be displayed with a tap.
  • The ability to choose in which format the time is displayed – 24-hour or AM/PM. You can change it with a tap on the clock.
  • The ability to switch light/dark modes manually in the settings section.
  • Visualization of adjusting the following distance in autopilot mode.
  • Imbalance calculation at the battery info section of the Car data screen.
  • The ability to change percentages to kWh or mi with a tap on the battery icon.
  • CSV logs are now compatible with MegaLogViewer and datazap.me online service.
  • More useful notifications.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed “share” button bug – now you can share screenshots of your info section.
  • Fixed a bug that showed mileage on the odometer in kilometers – now it is displayed in miles for US cars.
  • Fixed navigation bugs.
  • Fixed speed limit sign for non-US regions.
All the features that we could not add in this version will be gradually implemented in the next ones. Thanks for letting us know about your wishes and concerns.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I got this about a month before my car arrived. So on week 2 with the car I decided to finally install it.

SUPER easy to install. I think I took more time looking for a non marring tool to pull the trim plug clip out with than the time it took to complete this. I'm very happy with it, the central speedo is what I really wanted and it sure did deliver!

Who knows that the orange, sometimes green circle around the speedo means?

Reactions: scottf200