Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to say I got this about a month before my car arrived. So on week 2 with the car I decided to finally install it.

SUPER easy to install. I think I took more time looking for a non marring tool to pull the trim plug clip out with than the time it took to complete this. I'm very happy with it, the central speedo is what I really wanted and it sure did deliver!

Who knows that the orange, sometimes green circle around the speedo means?
The colored circle around your speedo is the real time efficiency of your vehicle. Think of the kw/h graph but visualized in a colored circle 👍.

Reactions: Zaxy
Just wanted to say I got this about a month before my car arrived. So on week 2 with the car I decided to finally install it.

SUPER easy to install. I think I took more time looking for a non marring tool to pull the trim plug clip out with than the time it took to complete this. I'm very happy with it, the central speedo is what I really wanted and it sure did deliver!

Who knows that the orange, sometimes green circle around the speedo means?
Hi! Thanks for your feedback! The orange circle means speeding, green - no speeding :)

Reactions: Zaxy
Looks like a potential glitch following the latest Tesla SW update.
The display above the speedometer is flashing, with the battery numbers cycling up and down with 6 digit %s both + and minus.
Kind of off putting.
I've closed the app, rebooted the phone...same results.

Looks like a potential glitch following the latest Tesla SW update.
The display above the speedometer is flashing, with the battery numbers cycling up and down with 6 digit %s both + and minus.
Kind of off putting.
I've closed the app, rebooted the phone...same results.
Yes, thank you, we know about these bugs and are working on them.
Everyone with update 2022.36.2 installed, you can help us a lot by following this instruction:
  1. Connect Teslogic app to the car
  2. Swipe to the left screen with settings
  3. Set option "Yes, I'm nerd"
  4. Pick in "recording logs..." line: "Binary log (*.tbl)"
  5. Swipe to the main dashboard screen
  6. There's a red circle in the top left corner now. Tap it (must blink).
  7. Wait about 30 sec and tap again. Sharing dialog will appear. Choose your email app, write there your car model: "Model 3 SR+(LFP)" and send the file to [email protected]
Thank you all!

Reactions: Jaymc5
I’ve had this product since it first came out. Was an early adopter and one of the first customers according to Kate.

Although this app is fantastic in what it provides and the updates over the past 6 or so weeks have been great, I find that I hardly use my phone/Teslogic app anymore. I place the phone on my steering column about 1/2 the time now. I pretty much only use it if I’m going on a long drive or not using the HVAC.

When my iPhone 14 pro max is up on my steering wheel I’ve come to realize that I can hardly feel any AC. When I used the (smaller) iPhone 12 Pro it wasn’t as bad. But with a larger phone it’s nearly impossible for the driver to get any air towards them. As a result, I hardly use the app now. I’ve also come to realize that the Bluetooth device installed for the data never turns off despite being told otherwise. Every time I go to connect an Xbox controller to my PC at home I see the Teslogic device shown on the discovery - despite my car being off, asleep, or awake.

I’ve also come to realize that as Tesla software involves, the Teslogic app will always be playing catch up. I dunno. It’s a neat idea, but just not practical for me anymore. The cons are starting to out weigh the pros.

I’ve had this product since it first came out. Was an early adopter and one of the first customers according to Kate.

Although this app is fantastic in what it provides and the updates over the past 6 or so weeks have been great, I find that I hardly use my phone/Teslogic app anymore. I place the phone on my steering column about 1/2 the time now. I pretty much only use it if I’m going on a long drive or not using the HVAC.

When my iPhone 14 pro max is up on my steering wheel I’ve come to realize that I can hardly feel any AC. When I used the (smaller) iPhone 12 Pro it wasn’t as bad. But with a larger phone it’s nearly impossible for the driver to get any air towards them. As a result, I hardly use the app now. I’ve also come to realize that the Bluetooth device installed for the data never turns off despite being told otherwise. Every time I go to connect an Xbox controller to my PC at home I see the Teslogic device shown on the discovery - despite my car being off, asleep, or awake.

I’ve also come to realize that as Tesla software involves, the Teslogic app will always be playing catch up. I dunno. It’s a neat idea, but just not practical for me anymore. The cons are starting to out weigh the pros.

So glad I just read through, was going to ask what the green vs orange circle was. Was trying to figure it out tonight while out for a drive as not only does it change color but also moves around the circle haha. Good to know speeding vs not speeding. keep it up Teslogic so far I'm happy with the device and app!

Now blindspot logic is based on Tesla's autopilot calculations. It takes into account pictures from cams and AI-based predictions. So it may react incorrectly sometimes. Later we'll add our own simplified logic based on ultrasonic sensors as an option.
@Kate@Teslogic, is it still planned? I know new cars don’t have ultrasonic sensors anymore but it will be really helpful for the ones that have the sensors.

I’ve read the whole thread from the start and you hit the nail on the head. I think this is a niche product that has it’s own customer base but I won’t be one of them.

Hi all!

We are developers of Teslogic.

We’ve already published this tread on Model 3 forum, but our device is also designed for Model Y, so we’d like to post it here as well just in case.
You can see the discussion here.

As Tesla enthusiasts we decided to develop our own transmitter and the app. The transmitter connects to two can buses and turns a phone into a full-on instrument cluster.

You can see Teslogic in action in this video:

We’ve been testing the app for a year and, based on our own experience as Tesla users, we’ve designed the most interesting screens and functions:

Main screen allows to track the current speed, autopilot modes, current trip distance, power and battery of your Tesla.
Energy consumption screen shows a detailed picture of how different vehicle systems consume power. You can monitor power redistribution in real time and try to optimize consumption.
Performance screen gives you all performance mode data regardless of your Tesla version. No need to buy any special device, you can check the dynamics acceleration and drag time at any moment.
Car data screen displays all needed info about your car, most of which you can't find in Tesla's interface (actual condition of the battery, how much energy was received during the entire life of the car, how much was spent while parked, etc.)
Navigation map screen based on Google Maps, which has much more up-to-date data than Tesla's maps. On this screen you can also always see the current speed, speed limit and autopilot mode.

View attachment 831513

Some features that our customers find most useful:

• All notifications are duplicated on your phone, no matter what screen you’re using at the moment.
• Green turn signals are clearly visible on any screen. And if a car appears in a blind spot, the turn signal is highlighted with red, so you can feel more confident while driving.

View attachment 831514

Things we are often asked about:

• Teslogic works in two systems – imperial and SI. The application switches to the system used in Tesla's main interface.
• Installing the transmitter doesn't make any changes to the car equipment, so it won't affect the warranty in any way.

September update:
  • Low vision mode with enlarged interface elements and fonts. It will be convenient for drivers with glasses and anyone who wants to increase the comfort for the eyes. Definitely try it out, we use it ourselves!
IMG_4481.PNG

• Settings section – you can find it on the very left screen. What settings are currently available: day/night theme, routing type, screen changing options, low vision mode, font size in notifications, widgets side in navigation, nerd mode.
  • More useful notifications.

For the September update, we give TMC members a special 10% discount. Use this code at checkout:

UPDATE10

The discount is valid for 5 days only (until Sep 26).
You can order a kit on our website.

Appstore
Google Play
Hi Can you add turn by turn navigation instead of whole navigation? Which you can grab from tesla map?