Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesloid / Armour Lab - PPF, Vaugn Ontario. Any Reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JulesVerne

Model Y Owner - since Aug 14, 2021
Jun 6, 2021
Toronto
Hi,
New to the Forum, with a Model Y long range on order, in Toronto
When I know my Y is coming, I want to consider making an appointment for PPF for the Front End.

Does any one know where I can see reviews of Tesloid/Armour Lab, ot does anyone have personal experience?
Thank you

Vehicle - 2022 Tesla Model Y Long Range Black
Service - Full Front XPEL PPF, Full 5YR Ceramic Coating including Interior

I've had the misfortune of having probably one of my worst automotive service experiences with The Amour Lab - Jordan and Shawn.

I brought my essentially brand new Model Y in for a full front PPF and 5YR ceramic coating a couple of weeks ago. Booked it in to drop it off on Friday Morning and to be picked up by Sunday 10am.

On Saturday afternoon after not hearing from them, I texted Shawn asking if the car would be ready. He checked and said it wouldn't be done by 10am, and likely around 4-5PM. OKAY fine, I'll pick it up around 5PM. Got a call from Jordan around 3PM..."I know you want to pick up the car for around 5PM, but honestly we just finished the car and I don't want you driving it home in the snow and slush. The ceramic coat needs to cure. It would be best to pick it up on Monday morning around 10am when we open." OKAY FINE..so I change around my whole schedule to pick up my car on Monday 10am. When I arrive at 10am, guess what...car is NOT ready. They are still working on the interior!! Jordan LIED when he said the car was done...I ended up waiting for 2 more hours before it is complete...Since I was already very late for other appointments, I didn't take the time to check out the work done and left to continue my day.

The next day while replacing my rear license plate frame, I noticed the rear license plate bracket was loose...closer inspection and I realized one of the screws was complete missing....So I take the bracket completely off to see whats going on, and low and behold, I see paint damage underneath. Apparently, someone there while trying to screw the bracket back on, missed the hole, continued trying to screw it in and completely damaged the paint on my BRAND NEW TESLA (See pictures). I called and complained, asked for them to make it right. They wanted me to drop the car off again for them to send it off to a body shop to get repainted...HELL NO. I will not let them touch my car again. They offered $200 then $250 compensation, Sorry not good enough. I finally agreed, but have yet to even receive a penny from them.

Decided to closely inspect the rest of my car especially the PPF. Noticed uneven alignment in the PPF at certain points, really bad cuts around all my sensors, DIRT trapped underneath the PPF that is causing small bubbling. When I brought this up to Jordan, his response is...get this..."This is normal, it is impossible to get everything off the car before we apply PPF"

Holy christ, AVOID THESE GUYS AT ALL COSTS. There are so many other much more professional shops out there that will treat your car right. These guys are amateurs, will lie to your face, will make up excuse after excuse about why something is the way it is, or why they can't meet a timeline they stated. They think their time is worth more than their customers.

Shawn/Jordan, I've given you guys a week to deal with this and make it right, and you haven't not. This story of my experience with you will be posted everywhere in hopes you don't rip off another customer for a thousands of dollars....

I've had the misfortune of having probably one of my worst automotive service experiences with The Amour Lab - Jordan and Shawn.

I brought my essentially brand new Model Y in for a full front PPF and 5YR ceramic coating a couple of weeks ago. Booked it in to drop it off on Friday Morning and to be picked up by Sunday 10am.

On Saturday afternoon after not hearing from them, I texted Shawn asking if the car would be ready. He checked and said it wouldn't be done by 10am, and likely around 4-5PM. OKAY fine, I'll pick it up around 5PM. Got a call from Jordan around 3PM..."I know you want to pick up the car for around 5PM, but honestly we just finished the car and I don't want you driving it home in the snow and slush. The ceramic coat needs to cure. It would be best to pick it up on Monday morning around 10am when we open." OKAY FINE..so I change around my whole schedule to pick up my car on Monday 10am. When I arrive at 10am, guess what...car is NOT ready. They are still working on the interior!! Jordan LIED when he said the car was done...I ended up waiting for 2 more hours before it is complete...Since I was already very late for other appointments, I didn't take the time to check out the work done and left to continue my day.

The next day while replacing my rear license plate frame, I noticed the rear license plate bracket was loose...closer inspection and I realized one of the screws was complete missing....So I take the bracket completely off to see whats going on, and low and behold, I see paint damage underneath. Apparently, someone there while trying to screw the bracket back on, missed the hole, continued trying to screw it in and completely damaged the paint on my BRAND NEW TESLA (See pictures). I called and complained, asked for them to make it right. They wanted me to drop the car off again for them to send it off to a body shop to get repainted...HELL NO. I will not let them touch my car again. They offered $200 then $250 compensation, Sorry not good enough. I finally agreed, but have yet to even receive a penny from them.

Decided to closely inspect the rest of my car especially the PPF. Noticed uneven alignment in the PPF at certain points, really bad cuts around all my sensors, DIRT trapped underneath the PPF that is causing small bubbling. When I brought this up to Jordan, his response is...get this..."This is normal, it is impossible to get everything off the car before we apply PPF"

Holy christ, AVOID THESE GUYS AT ALL COSTS. There are so many other much more professional shops out there that will treat your car right. These guys are amateurs, will lie to your face, will make up excuse after excuse about why something is the way it is, or why they can't meet a timeline they stated. They think their time is worth more than their customers.

Shawn/Jordan, I've given you guys a week to deal with this and make it right, and you haven't not. This story of my experience with you will be posted everywhere in hopes you don't rip off another customer for a thousands of dollars....

Attachments

• f5.jpeg
    f5.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 250
  • f4.jpeg
    f4.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 168
  • f3.jpeg
    f3.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 169
  • f2.jpeg
    f2.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 166
  • rear1.jpeg
    rear1.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 174
  • f1.jpeg
    f1.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 178
For a reputable and quality job, I suggest Jay out of his shop in SW oakville .

He’s OCD at it, great rate and he’s worked in teslas ever since the very first 2012 signature model S. He’s done 2 of my teslas and also high end and exotic. Also gets a lot of business from tesla Oakville as he’s reputable.

Check his reviews…I’d recommend him anytime. My cars are 100% perfect. Tell him Nav referred…he’s a great guy to deal with 👍🏽

A69CC036-97DA-44F7-A2D9-FD2D694B5BC7.jpeg

Attachments

• 3A0490C1-AD5E-4B92-8450-7B3D0FDD112B.jpeg
    3A0490C1-AD5E-4B92-8450-7B3D0FDD112B.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 168
  • E4F84393-A387-4EB9-BC5F-367A0DD17CC1.jpeg
    E4F84393-A387-4EB9-BC5F-367A0DD17CC1.jpeg
    397.1 KB · Views: 158
  • BD842A8B-C4A4-4316-A1AB-3C596A5AFA29.jpeg
    BD842A8B-C4A4-4316-A1AB-3C596A5AFA29.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 163

Wow, seeing the pics you posted... that is an absolute hack job. Looks horrible. So sorry that was the end result for you! That cutout around the sensor looks like my 5 year old did it...

Reactions: tthprep
Sorry to hear about your experience. I brought my new Model Y there recently for a full front PPF and ceramic coat package as well, but I've had a pretty good experience so far. My buddy recommended them as he had a similar job done to his MY last year. He also had nothing but good things to say about them. I've looked over my car and everything seems fine. Maybe I should look with even more detail, but from what I was able to see, I'm happy with the job. They even went above and beyond to help me install other accessories on the car. What I appreciated from them was their customer service. They seem to always be busy with Teslas in their shop.