Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Floor Mats

What floor mats do you have?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the Tesmanian mats. They're terrible.

One of them came all warped and wavy and doesn't fit correctly. Tesmanian told me to get a heat gun and try heating it back into the proper shape, assuming they were warped because of how poorly they were packaged and shipped (i.e., wrapped around each other and shoved haphazardly into a big plastic bag). However, I don't buy it. The warped one looks like a manufacturing variance, and the material is quite thin on the sides.

Also, they give off the HORRIBLE odor that's associated with cheap Chinese rubber products. I had to take them out of my car after half a day because I was going to pass out from the smell.

They also rely on some velcro-like tape to stay in place, but it's applied sort of randomly at places and left off others. Just a weird thing.

I ordered nice ones from 3D Mats and will let everyone know how they compare. But I'd strongly recommend folks stay away from the Tesmanian stuff...it's really cheap, smelly chinese rubber. And their Customer Service is awful. They are in China and have to use a translator app, so they have a hard time understanding emails. In my case, they missed 80% of the email questions and what they did respond to took four emails back and forth before they even acknowledged the issues.

• Informative
Reactions: JackLuminous
I bought the Tesmanian mats. They're terrible.

One of them came all warped and wavy and doesn't fit correctly. Tesmanian told me to get a heat gun and try heating it back into the proper shape, assuming they were warped because of how poorly they were packaged and shipped (i.e., wrapped around each other and shoved haphazardly into a big plastic bag). However, I don't buy it. The warped one looks like a manufacturing variance, and the material is quite thin on the sides.

Also, they give off the HORRIBLE odor that's associated with cheap Chinese rubber products. I had to take them out of my car after half a day because I was going to pass out from the smell.

They also rely on some velcro-like tape to stay in place, but it's applied sort of randomly at places and left off others. Just a weird thing.

I ordered nice ones from 3D Mats and will let everyone know how they compare. But I'd strongly recommend folks stay away from the Tesmanian stuff...it's really cheap, smelly chinese rubber. And their Customer Service is awful. They are in China and have to use a translator app, so they have a hard time understanding emails. In my case, they missed 80% of the email questions and what they did respond to took four emails back and forth before they even acknowledged the issues.
Thanks for the intel. I was looking at these, Taptes or OEM (can't stand the maxpider branding) Saw some positive reviews of these Tesmanian and they were much cheaper but now I am rethinking it.

Thanks for the intel. I was looking at these, Taptes or OEM (can't stand the maxpider branding) Saw some positive reviews of these Tesmanian and they were much cheaper but now I am rethinking it.
Here's an alternative to Maxpider without the badging. I have these on 2020 MY - fit great and look great.

• Love
Reactions: ldcrsmode
I just got the Tesmanian mats for my MYLR. I put the out in the sun for thirty minutes before installing them. They fit fine and don’t smell. I think they’ll do the job just fine and the Shiba fur should be a lot easier to deal with than carpet.

Reactions: cancoi
Received ours late last week. Let set out over night; very little smell, fit like a glove, and have already come in handy with the rain we've had. Pleased with fit for mats, cargo, frunk, & trunk.

I used the Tesmanian set for everything but the seating compartments, ie. rear trunk, under rear trunk, seat backs, and frunk. I couldn't wait for their updated 2021 floor mats so I went with farsala on Amazon. I also preferred a non all weathered look to the floor mats. That said Tesmanian is quality and shipping was fast.

Reactions: suprax and cancoi
Check out the Weathertech floor mats for the Model Y. If you don't like the WeatherTech label my understanding is that you can remove it.

WeatherTech Products for: 2020 Tesla Model Y | WeatherTech

Note: The WeatherTech front seat floor mats for the Tesla Model Y will not fit models with angled front seat bracket mounts.
Ours have no logo :)
Amazon.com: LDCRS Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 2021 - All Weather Floor Mats - Premium 3D Waterproof Car Mats Without Logo - Heavy Duty Non Slip Floor Liners - Set of 3 (1st & 2nd Row): Automotive

Attachments

• 4659FAFF-E194-48E5-9413-0A868AE3F787.jpeg
    4659FAFF-E194-48E5-9413-0A868AE3F787.jpeg
    794.8 KB · Views: 613
I just got the Tesmanian mats for my MYLR. I put the out in the sun for thirty minutes before installing them. They fit fine and don’t smell. I think they’ll do the job just fine and the Shiba fur should be a lot easier to deal with than carpet.

I left them out for days in the sun and the smell never left the front passenger ones (I think it was those two).

And Tesmanian's instructions to use a heat device to straighten out the ill-fitting ones was ridiculous.

Glad you had a good experience, but I returned mine. Thrilled with the ones I got from 3D Mats and with the WeatherTech cargo compartment liner. Both are much higher quality, original materials (not smelly recycled cr*p), thicker, and better fitting. And they shipped in protective boxes, not crammed into a plastic bag like Tesmanian's.

Note that Tesmanian won't even give you a return authorization and that, normally, they also charge a restocking fee. They made me pay for return shipping. It cost $80...and that's after I rolled them as tight around each others as I could possibly get them and squeezed them into a contractor debris bag from Lowe's. Originally, I had them packed in boxes (like 3D Mats uses) and UPS wanted nearly $200 per box to ship them back...lol.

I used the Tesmanian set for everything but the seating compartments, ie. rear trunk, under rear trunk, seat backs, and frunk. I couldn't wait for their updated 2021 floor mats so I went with farsala on Amazon. I also preferred a non all weathered look to the floor mats. That said Tesmanian is quality and shipping was fast.
When you said their updated 2021 floor mats, what is this in reference to? Is there an announced update coming? And do you know what the update addresses?

Does anyone here use the Tesmanian floor mats with their 2021 built Model Y? It appears that the front seats have a different base that connects to the floor. Both sides (front left and right) are now angled backwards so as you can see in this photo, the Tesmanian (and I'd assume other manufacturers) angle upwards towards this new angle creating an open triangle. It seems the 2020 Model Y's have seat base supports which are straight vertical so the floor liners have a nice fit against them. I'm not sure if this will pose any issues with snow, salt, or debris going in that little triangle gap.

Attachments

• TesmanianMats.JPG
    TesmanianMats.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 73
When you said their updated 2021 floor mats, what is this in reference to? Is there an announced update coming? And do you know what the update addresses?
The 2021 MY mats are specific to the 2021 MY. Tesla changed the front seat mounting block and thus forced a changed in the mats. The 2020 MY mats don't fit. Check their website for the specifics and they address the changes made. It's been a while now I assume they eta should be here or past already.

And I just noticed the negative view of the mats freom a poster above. Hello, all mats come warped. It's common knowledge to lay mats out in the sun to flatten. And they may smell, it's fricken plastic. The smell will also dissipate while it softens in the sun. One would have picked this info up if one had read any customer reviews. /smh