Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Model Y Rear Trunk Spoiler

akballow

Nov 14, 2020
San Jose, CA
Anyone know if the spoiler actually has any scientifically measured positive change( measurable downforce)? Or is purely looks with added negative drag?

bcs92

Mar 12, 2020
Tampa, FL
Yeah RPM has pretty terrible customer service so I'm shying away from them now. I purchased the Tesmanian spoiler for my father's Model 3 and the fitment was perfect and paint matched perfectly (Blue) so I am confident the quality of the MY spoiler will be consistent.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ

Kobicue

Jan 7, 2020
Houston
Yeah RPM has pretty terrible customer service so I'm shying away from them now. I purchased the Tesmanian spoiler for my father's Model 3 and the fitment was perfect and paint matched perfectly (Blue) so I am confident the quality of the MY spoiler will be consistent.
Where does it get shipped from?

Kobicue

Jan 7, 2020
Houston
Took a look at the model 3 version of the tesmanian spoiler and not a fan if the model Y one will be similar. Looks like it's a tad bit to long of a spoiler as I prefer the more subtle look of the performance one.

Kobicue

Jan 7, 2020
Houston
Just cancelled my order since I had ceramic coating put on this morning.

Once people get their spoilers in please post pictures of it on their Y. Really curious what the matte black will look like.

TomServo

Apr 10, 2014
Belleville IL
Aside from the LOOKS I want does this spoiler improve high speed efficiency. Any additional range at freeway speeds would be great. I do need DOWN FORCE.

big bad daddy

Oct 12, 2020
Irvine
Originally, I wanted the OEM Perf spoiler. Then the RPM spoiler...then read about fitment issues and now they're out tinkering with the redesign. Then tesmanian is releasing the ABS version for a sweet $150 but the matte version looks really dull and cheap.

Finally, I saw UP's model y spoiler and it is damn sweet looking. It's hella expensive but I feel that there are soo many model y's out there, it's worth the money to stand out since EVERYONE will have the same oem-looking spoiler.

akballow

Nov 14, 2020
San Jose, CA
Originally, I wanted the OEM Perf spoiler. Then the RPM spoiler...then read about fitment issues and now they're out tinkering with the redesign. Then tesmanian is releasing the ABS version for a sweet $150 but the matte version looks really dull and cheap.

Finally, I saw UP's model y spoiler and it is damn sweet looking. It's hella expensive but I feel that there are soo many model y's out there, it's worth the money to stand out since EVERYONE will have the same oem-looking spoiler.
I am not a fan of claims of high efficiency and stability without proof..

Reactions: 2101Guy

jpfive

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Oct 31, 2019
Pensacola, FL
I am not a fan of claims of high efficiency and stability without proof..

Ditto. At age 74 I have already been through more claims of performance gains than I can count, both with cars and sport bikes. I doubt that many have been of any real value other than helping magnify the pride of ownership. That is worth something after all.

What I am interested in is the effect of these spoilers in breaking down the vacuum behind the car that keeps the rear body panel gritty and rain-spoiled. The rubber cover on the liftgate opening pad is especially irritating to me as it seems to be always gritty. I wonder if these spoilers energize that stagnant air behind the car enough to help keep that area clean?

Malukalu

Dec 28, 2020
Los Angeles
Just got confirmation that it was shipped (from pamona california) and getting delivered tomorrow. Got the matte black for my model y. Will let you know how it goes

Malukalu

Dec 28, 2020
Los Angeles
Just got confirmation that it was shipped (from pamona california) and getting delivered tomorrow. Got the matte black for my model y. Will let you know how it goes
Received mine today. Looks good imo but I found a spot on the bottom side that looks like the paint was scratched off so I emailed them asking for a replacement .. let's see what they do.

Attachments

• PXL_20201229_213539896.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201229_213539896.MP.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 172
  • PXL_20201229_213551666.jpg
    PXL_20201229_213551666.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 162
  • PXL_20201229_213539896.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201229_213539896.MP.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 180

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC