Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Model Y Rear Trunk Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah RPM has pretty terrible customer service so I'm shying away from them now. I purchased the Tesmanian spoiler for my father's Model 3 and the fitment was perfect and paint matched perfectly (Blue) so I am confident the quality of the MY spoiler will be consistent.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Originally, I wanted the OEM Perf spoiler. Then the RPM spoiler...then read about fitment issues and now they're out tinkering with the redesign. Then tesmanian is releasing the ABS version for a sweet $150 but the matte version looks really dull and cheap.

Finally, I saw UP's model y spoiler and it is damn sweet looking. It's hella expensive but I feel that there are soo many model y's out there, it's worth the money to stand out since EVERYONE will have the same oem-looking spoiler.

Originally, I wanted the OEM Perf spoiler. Then the RPM spoiler...then read about fitment issues and now they're out tinkering with the redesign. Then tesmanian is releasing the ABS version for a sweet $150 but the matte version looks really dull and cheap.

Finally, I saw UP's model y spoiler and it is damn sweet looking. It's hella expensive but I feel that there are soo many model y's out there, it's worth the money to stand out since EVERYONE will have the same oem-looking spoiler.
I am not a fan of claims of high efficiency and stability without proof..

Reactions: 2101Guy
I am not a fan of claims of high efficiency and stability without proof..

Ditto. At age 74 I have already been through more claims of performance gains than I can count, both with cars and sport bikes. I doubt that many have been of any real value other than helping magnify the pride of ownership. That is worth something after all.

What I am interested in is the effect of these spoilers in breaking down the vacuum behind the car that keeps the rear body panel gritty and rain-spoiled. The rubber cover on the liftgate opening pad is especially irritating to me as it seems to be always gritty. I wonder if these spoilers energize that stagnant air behind the car enough to help keep that area clean?

Just got confirmation that it was shipped (from pamona california) and getting delivered tomorrow. Got the matte black for my model y. Will let you know how it goes
Received mine today. Looks good imo but I found a spot on the bottom side that looks like the paint was scratched off so I emailed them asking for a replacement .. let's see what they do.

Attachments

• PXL_20201229_213539896.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201229_213539896.MP.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 249
  • PXL_20201229_213551666.jpg
    PXL_20201229_213551666.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 217
  • PXL_20201229_213539896.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201229_213539896.MP.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 239