Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Model Y Rear Trunk Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting for the plaid addition.
upload_2020-12-31_14-22-30.png

• Funny
Reactions: Kobicue and 2101Guy
The tesmanian spoiler is not longer than OEM. The Tesmanian spoiler is 6.75" away from the edge of the trunk on each ends. But RPM tesla spoiler is 6" away from the edge of the trunk. This means, Tesmanian is shorter on each end by 0.75". Hardly noticeable but the key advantage is that a slightly shorter spoiler could make a difference from allowing the spoiler to pop up. I noticed that as you get further and further towards the trunk, the trunk curve gets more angular and this is why the OEM and RPM spoiler has problems with lifting at the ends.

Got my tes spoiler in today. It's surprisingly alot more durable then I originally thought. When I think of abs plastic, I think of the softer material I used to wrap my center console.

I haven't installed it, just placed it on to see what it would look like. It looks close to oem, just without the carbon fiber pattern but does seem a tad bit longer from the top then what I remember the oem performance spoiler being. It def does give it a more sportier look though.

I just got my car professionally ceramic coated the other week so if I want to put this on I'll essentially will have to strip off the coating for the tail area which I'm not sure I really want to do just yet.

PXL_20210105_212847706.jpg
PXL_20210105_212836293.jpg

I just got mine in and will install shortly. I ordered mine in white to match my car.

Question: I test fitted mine and the far sides do not hug the hatch and lift a little. This was not the case when I installed one of these on a 3. I am sure tape will hold down, but did any of you notice the same?

Reactions: Malukalu
Nice. Mine is still sitting in the garage undecided what I want to do with it. It would be a easier decision of my car didn't already have ceramic coating on.

Well...my dad's Model 3 is ceramic coated and we said to hell with it and put one of these on it and so far (knock on wood) it hasn't flown off yet. Still holding strong all the way across.

Also, I went ahead and installed the white spoiler on mine even though the dry fit wasn't 100% flush on corners and it looks great after install.

ordered mine in matte black. Arrived in about 5 days. I cleaned my hatch lid surface well with damp cloth (Y had already been washed earlier that day) then when totally dry, used rubbing alchol on a clean microfiber to rub down the area of the hatch that the spoiler would attach to. Even though I was outside in the sun, temp was still in high 40's. So, as a precaution, grabbed my heatgun and warmed up the surface of the hatch a bit, but not excessively. Then did the same with the spoiler including the tape part. Again, just a bit with the heat gun on low and with the heatgun about 10 to 12 inches away and constantly moving back and forth.

I had already did a test fit of the spoiler onto the hatch and made one tiny mark with erasable marker on each end (drivers side/passenger side) so that I knew where to place the spoiler once I removed the tape backing. So install was a press fit with no lifting back up/repositioning, etc. I spent maybe 5 mins pressing down/side to side, focusing on the ends when pressing and holding at various places. That was on Saturday. Night temps in my garage drop down to as low as about 39F, but so far, so good when I checked it this morning. Ends havent lifted a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: RocDeef
FYi..to those with white Y's like me and on the fence on color?. In my opinion, the black spoiler really brings out the black valance area on the car, and of course, blends in perfectly with all of the rest of the blackout areas on the Y's. Im sure a white spoiler would look fine, but from a distance of not so far, might almost be missed altogether

Got my tes spoiler in today. It's surprisingly alot more durable then I originally thought. When I think of abs plastic, I think of the softer material I used to wrap my center console.

I haven't installed it, just placed it on to see what it would look like. It looks close to oem, just without the carbon fiber pattern but does seem a tad bit longer from the top then what I remember the oem performance spoiler being. It def does give it a more sportier look though.

I just got my car professionally ceramic coated the other week so if I want to put this on I'll essentially will have to strip off the coating for the tail area which I'm not sure I really want to do just yet.

View attachment 624682 View attachment 624683
That looks so good! I just ordered my matte black one for my DBM MY.

Quick question, did you paint your tesla emblem yourself or get it from somewhere? Been looking at options to do my emblem matte black as well.

That looks so good! I just ordered my matte black one for my DBM MY.

Quick question, did you paint your tesla emblem yourself or get it from somewhere? Been looking at options to do my emblem matte black as well.
What u see is the rpm tesla emblem cap. I originally had the original tesla emblem painted matte black but the paint on one edge started to come off and show chrome and me trying to fix it made it worse lol. It prob wasn't that bad but my OCD started kicking in. Instead of taking it off and having it redone, I just ordered the emblem caps and put them on top. It adds a bit of thickness to the emblem compared to the more flat oem so it does stand out a bit more.