Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Model Y Rear Trunk Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a matte finish Model Y spoiler from RPM Tesla to match the carbon fiber mirror caps that I have on my Model Y already from RPM. Pricing on website is before 20% discount. Once in cart price will reduce to $299 for glossy and $349 for matte. Also my OEM model Y spoiler is for sale in anyone is interested. I am in the SF Bay Area.

I just ordered a matte finish Model Y spoiler from RPM Tesla to match the carbon fiber mirror caps that I have on my Model Y already from RPM. Pricing on website is before 20% discount. Once in cart price will reduce to $299 for glossy and $349 for matte. Also my OEM model Y spoiler is for sale in anyone is interested. I am in the SF Bay Area.
Curious... how come you're replacing your OEM spoiler with an aftermarket one? I have the matte spoiler from RPM on order as well, hopefully it doesn't take months to arrive...

How much are you letting it go for? Can you take pictures of both the RPM Tesla and OEM one side by side to see the difference once you get it?

Last edited:
UPDATE - Offer accepted on OEM Model Y spoiler, so, it’s SOLD unless deal falls through.

• Funny
Reactions: XY2B
Newly installed matte finish RPM Tesla spoiler matches my mirror caps and fits car well, even better than OEM spoiler!

I finally removed the tape Rpm Tesla used to keep the spoiler in place and found my rpm spoiler is not a perfect fit. The right side is not sticking right so it’s popping out a bit. Looks like I will have to remove the spoiler and remount it myself. Hoping they just mounted wrong and spoiler is not made slightly off.

8CF20823-E772-460C-935A-2EAABFDD78C2.jpeg

I finally removed the tape Rpm Tesla used to keep the spoiler in place and found my rpm spoiler is not a perfect fit. The right side is not sticking right so it’s popping out a bit. Looks like I will have to remove the spoiler and remount it myself. Hoping they just mounted wrong and spoiler is not made slightly off.

View attachment 590610
The right corner on mine is slightly coming off as well but not as bad, let me know is difficult removal is so I can see if I want to try and remove and re-install again as well. Also which tape do you plan on using to remount?

Attachments

• 9692A3A5-FFB3-4AF5-817C-43751BF27B4A.jpeg
    9692A3A5-FFB3-4AF5-817C-43751BF27B4A.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Sorry to hear about Steve86’s install from RPM. Here’s some pics from my personal install. Sorry for the bad lighting inside garage.

Attachments

• 82E7151E-ED38-453A-9593-D6A51573A16A.jpeg
    82E7151E-ED38-453A-9593-D6A51573A16A.jpeg
    259.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 2390D02A-3F9F-4B54-B35A-67900DEE3C03.jpeg
    2390D02A-3F9F-4B54-B35A-67900DEE3C03.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 309
  • BF315FAD-2648-4DBB-B1F9-0551C33C407E.jpeg
    BF315FAD-2648-4DBB-B1F9-0551C33C407E.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 309
  • 51284F6A-67CA-45C4-817D-F2C5E52389D8.jpeg
    51284F6A-67CA-45C4-817D-F2C5E52389D8.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 312
The right corner on mine is slightly coming off as well but not as bad, let me know is difficult removal is so I can see if I want to try and remove and re-install again as well. Also which tape do you plan on using to remount?

I reinstalled the spoiler yesterday. I just slowly pulled back starting from the edge that was coming off while using a string to separate the tape from the trunk. It came off pretty easily. I bought 3M Super Strength Molding Tape to reinstall it. It does look better but now it looks like yours 24 hours later.

I think the spoiler might be warped. When I removed the spoiler, I cleaned it up really good and just laid the spoiler without tape on the trunk and I noticed that the spoiler was not sitting flush on the right side. There was a small gap on the right edge.

Sorry to hear about Steve86’s install from RPM. Here’s some pics from my personal install. Sorry for the bad lighting inside garage.

Glad yours came out great! Did you installed using their included tape? I MIGHT try to reinstall one more time. If it does not come out like yours, I will probably exchange it.

I reinstalled the spoiler yesterday. I just slowly pulled back starting from the edge that was coming off while using a string to separate the tape from the trunk. It came off pretty easily. I bought 3M Super Strength Molding Tape to reinstall it. It does look better but now it looks like yours 24 hours later.

I think the spoiler might be warped. When I removed the spoiler, I cleaned it up really good and just laid the spoiler without tape on the trunk and I noticed that the spoiler was not sitting flush on the right side. There was a small gap on the right edge.

Glad yours came out great! Did you installed using their included tape? I MIGHT try to reinstall one more time. If it does not come out like yours, I will probably exchange it.
Yes, I did use the included tape from RPM Tesla. When I received the RPM Tesla spoiler I did dry fit it first to make sure I didn't see any issues prior to installing it. If your spoiler still isn't staying seated after the reinstall, I would definitely have RPM Tesla exchange it with the hopes that it was just a one off possible defect. Although, I believe in Mark from RPM Tessla's video for the Model Y spoiler, I thought I heard him say that they dry fit to check the spoiler prior to install, so I would be confused to have a spoiler installed from RPM Tesla directly have any fitment issues.

Yes, I did use the included tape from RPM Tesla. When I received the RPM Tesla spoiler I did dry fit it first to make sure I didn't see any issues prior to installing it. If your spoiler still isn't staying seated after the reinstall, I would definitely have RPM Tesla exchange it with the hopes that it was just a one off possible defect. Although, I believe in Mark from RPM Tessla's video for the Model Y spoiler, I thought I heard him say that they dry fit to check the spoiler prior to install, so I would be confused to have a spoiler installed from RPM Tesla directly have any fitment issues.

I sent an email to them pointing out what mark said in the video last night to see what they would say.