Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Model Y Rear Trunk Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reinstalled the spoiler yesterday. I just slowly pulled back starting from the edge that was coming off while using a string to separate the tape from the trunk. It came off pretty easily. I bought 3M Super Strength Molding Tape to reinstall it. It does look better but now it looks like yours 24 hours later.

I think the spoiler might be warped. When I removed the spoiler, I cleaned it up really good and just laid the spoiler without tape on the trunk and I noticed that the spoiler was not sitting flush on the right side. There was a small gap on the right edge.

I've tried to push the spoiler in that corner to see if the adhesive in that spot would close the gap but it doesn't. It's pretty small gaps but I worry about water getting in there and possibly getting worse later or coming off in the future. I've just sent them an email as well to see about getting it removed and replaced.

Good luck with that, from what I hear their customer service is horrible. Don't respond to emails.
I been reading that their customer service was pretty bad too. However they did reply back to me and asking me to bring in my car for them to replace and reinstall. Just debating which day I want I can make the 1 hour drive down.......

I've tried to push the spoiler in that corner to see if the adhesive in that spot would close the gap but it doesn't. It's pretty small gaps but I worry about water getting in there and possibly getting worse later or coming off in the future. I've just sent them an email as well to see about getting it removed and replaced.
I would recommend using the chat function on their website. It's much better.

When i went back to RPM Tesla, the owner asked his staff to replace the spoiler with a new one. The one new fits much better. The right edge sits flush now but the left edge sticks out barely enough to stick a business card in. I didn't think it was a big deal so I just accepted it. Will report back tomorrow to see how it looks after the tape cures.

When i went back to RPM Tesla, the owner asked his staff to replace the spoiler with a new one. The one new fits much better. The right edge sits flush now but the left edge sticks out barely enough to stick a business card in. I didn't think it was a big deal so I just accepted it. Will report back tomorrow to see how it looks after the tape cures.
Glad RPM replaced and reinstalled the spoiler for you. I will probably be looking to change the spoiler once more aftermarket spoilers are available.

5C9671D7-11A3-49D7-84F3-09DF288F59A0.jpeg
73EAFC0B-7F0B-4DA9-A07C-817AE359F2E6.jpeg
I finally removed the tape holding the spoiler while the 3M tape cures. I think it looks pretty good.

I also faced the same issues as some of you guys, right edge failing to adhere. Gotta say, email communication was pretty bad, usually took 48hrs to get a response which completely ignored my concerns and recommended I install per video instructions. Fortunately, they're customer service rep Kristi was very responsive by phone. I definitely recommend you call instead of email. Kristi got me a replacement shipped out same day for an additional $30 (after offering 50% off a new purchase, negative). The replacement just got in today, and has been applied! Fitting is much better! Unfortunately, its glossy vs the matte I purchased, someone dropped the ball in logistics since the wrapper said matte. $50 extra for a glossy spoiler :rolleyes:

Overall, I definitely don't recommend purchasing the spoiler for delivery at home. Not worth risking nearly $400 for a $300 product that might not even fit right. Local shoppers are definitely lucky!

Yeah ill probably cancel my RPMtesla order from blackfriday. I contacted them and they said its another 2-3 week backorder as they had to send their recent supply of spoiler shipments back to the manufacturer as it wasnt to their liking.

Last edited: