Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Model Y Rear Trunk Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What u see is the rpm tesla emblem cap. I originally had the original tesla emblem painted matte black but the paint on one edge started to come off and show chrome and me trying to fix it made it worse lol. It prob wasn't that bad but my OCD started kicking in. Instead of taking it off and having it redone, I just ordered the emblem caps and put them on top. It adds a bit of thickness to the emblem compared to the more flat oem so it does stand out a bit more.

Awesome I ordered these almost a month ago now so just waiting to receive them. Did u experience a slow time to ship from rpmtesla?

Installed looks good but there are some fitment issues. You can see the adhesive on both ends if you look closely.

if you mean by standing on the backside of the car and staring closely at the ends from about a foot away? Yes, I can make out about 1/2 mm of the adhesive underneath the spoiler on my install.

My solution: I dont look..closely.

• Funny
Reactions: RocDeef and alexcue
I am responsible to tell you that they are not shared.
I bought a Topfit model3 spoiler from Amazon and it looks pretty good

Sorry - I don't get what you are saying? Are you saying that while the sellers for many Model 3 aftermarket spoilers are stating it should not be used for Model Y, you tried the Topfit model 3 spoiler and it fit on a Y?

Do you have a picture?

Omg it never shipped .. I asked for a refund and the did it within minutes. Ordered on me emblem about two hours ago and it already sent me an email saying it shipped !
Hit or miss with them. Got my blacked out emblems fairly quickly and ended up canceling my cf mirror since I waited for over 2 months with them telling me it’ll ship the following week every time I followed up....

RPM Tesla is among the worst when it comes to processing time.

To support your statement, on March 22 I ordered a pair of LED interior lights from RPM Tesla--honestly to compare with offerings from other suppliers (e.g., Abstract Ocean, Tesla Offer, etc.). Glad I only ordered just the two,

In the over two weeks since I submitted that RPM Tesla order, I've requested and received two completely different shipments from Abstract Ocean--first one received, then another ordered and received. Abstract Ocean (from Texas, I believe) is really on the ball; super quick! And I've ordered and received numerous other Tesla-related accessories--a couple literally arrived from China! Meanwhile, RPM Tesla (in California where I live) has not even physically delivered the small package (just the two lights) to its local USPS yet. Unacceptable, imo.

I guess I know who I will be purchasing a full set of expensive interior lights and other accessories from.

I think that certain businesses hide behind the "Covid 19" excuse. As Formula 1 drivers like Max Verstappen say when discussing track conditions, "It's the same for everyone." Ultimately, it's who gets to the checkered flag first. (Unfortunately for Mr. Verstappen, it's usually been Lewis Hamilton. But maybe not this year.)

Mercedes Wins Again.jpg

Does isopropyl alcohol strip ceramic coating down? I have a tesmanian spoiler i never got around to putting on due to the fact it got it delivered AFTER i got my Model Y fully ceramic coated. I didnt want to polish off the coating just to put on a $150 spoiler so i never got around to it. Now ive read that some people were able to put on their spoilers even without polishing off their ceramic coating, depending on the adhesive used. I want to give it a try and if it starts to peel off then oh well ill take it off. Figured id prep the same way i would if the car wasnt ceramic coated and just see if i even want a spoiler on.