Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally took the plunge and bought a rear spoiler. I opted for the Tesmanian spoiler and with DAErik's 10% discount I paid $135 delivered.

ZbKaF7W.jpg

Here's his install video:

I still have some detailing to do to remove some of the adhesive promoter that is still visible but all in all, it turned out nice. The right side of the spoiler doesn't sit as flush to the car as the left, but it's barely noticeable and only noticeable if you are looking for any gaps. So I will assume the 3M tape will hold it for a long time.

For anyone who is going to install a Tesmanian rear spoiler (or any abs rear spoiler), leave it out under the sun for a few hours to "warm it up" so that the spoiler is more pliable when installing it. You won't need to reshape it, but if the abs spoiler is warmed up then it's easier to bend & flex into position on the trunk rather than fighting it if one side isn't sitting flush. Also, warming up the 3M tape will help make it stick onto the paint a little better.

This obviously doesn't help those who have already installed it.

Good to see more in our area/midwest. The one in Collinsville is underway as well. However I still think this area really needs one along the I64 corridor on the Illinois side of the river. Fairview, O'falllon, Shiloh area. Someone traveling east/west along I64/I70 has Mt.Vernon, IL and St.Charles but nothing in between. This location technically fill that void however its not the best route normally, plus honestly that area is a traffic congestion nightmare, especially during rush hours and weekedns. Its too hard too access easily and quickly from the interstate, so I see it more of an urban local charger than a traveling route stop.

Did you buy the real carbon or the matte plastic?
The $135 matte black spoiler, which is plastic. Since there is no other CF on the exterior I didn't want to start MIXING and MATCHING.

I got the blue one and unfortunately it does not match the Tesla blue. It's a darker and under shade it just looks like it might be a black glossy spoiler but in the light it's closer to purple than it is blue. Mine came with dents on it. I contacted Tesmanian and there were a few exchanges with photos but I haven't heard from them since.

I got the blue one and unfortunately it does not match the Tesla blue. It's a darker and under shade it just looks like it might be a black glossy spoiler but in the light it's closer to purple than it is blue. Mine came with dents on it. I contacted Tesmanian and there were a few exchanges with photos but I haven't heard from them since.
I'm similarly in limbo w/ support awaiting next steps for returning / exchanging after receiving a red one w/ multiple dents.tempImageUZ7wWZ.png

I'm similarly in limbo w/ support awaiting next steps for returning / exchanging after receiving a red one w/ multiple dents.View attachment 663411
The dents don't bother me as much as the mismatching color. The spoiler is pretty glossy that the dents end up looking just like reflections unless you stare up close but the mismatching colors stick out like a sore thumb. Unfortunately I had mine installed w/o inspecting it. Overall from AFAR AFAR, it looks great but OCD takes over when you get closer.

The dents don't bother me as much as the mismatching color. The spoiler is pretty glossy that the dents end up looking just like reflections unless you stare up close but the mismatching colors stick out like a sore thumb. Unfortunately I had mine installed w/o inspecting it. Overall from AFAR AFAR, it looks great but OCD takes over when you get closer.
I think the color is close enough in my case - or at least the dents (3-4 of them) distracted me enough that I didn't notice anything amiss.

The right side of the spoiler doesn't sit as flush to the car as the left
Just put mine on today. In my case, it is the left side. Seems to me you have to lay it on the car PERFECTLY across the main body of the spoiler to get every inch of the tape flush ...... but because the tape grabs and holds tight instantly, that’s a tall order. You’ve only got one shot.

Hard to see flaw unless you’re me, though, so I’m happy for now. No flaws at all in the spoiler itself ..... which arrived very quickly.

Just put mine on today. In my case, it is the left side. Seems to me you have to lay it on the car PERFECTLY across the main body of the spoiler to get every inch of the tape flush ...... but because the tape grabs and holds tight instantly, that’s a tall order. You’ve only got one shot.

Hard to see flaw unless you’re me, though, so I’m happy for now. No flaws at all in the spoiler itself ..... which arrived very quickly.
typically for these types of things you can spray some alcohol to where you need to apply the adhesive. This give you a little bit of time to adjust before the alcohol evaporates and the adhesive sticks for good.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverGoingBack