Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Sun Shade - Bit of a review and requesting some feedback and thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I installed the Tasmanian Sunshade cover on my MY. Installation was easy enough, except for the fact that they included two magnets, with two sets of adhesive metal parts, but that's it. I feel like I should have received two more magnets so I could use two magnets on the roof, and two to attach to them. Regardless, the magnets are hilariously weak and literally can't even stay on the shade, they just fall right off.

Ended up order some of these. DIYMAG Powerful Neodymium Disc Magnets with Double-Sided Adhesive

So I basically installed two Tesmanian magnets with the double sided tape, one in the middle, one to the side, and will install one more from the amazon magnets on the other side. This is all in the center, to reduce the sag.

I also ordered additional clips from Tesmanian as the thing moves around A LOT. Idk if it's the UV/sun shade that goes over the actual sunshade that is making all the noise, but wow there was a huge increase in cabin noise. Just constant ruffling as the car moves around, hits bumps, etc, and the sunshade shifts and the silver/black liner moves around.

Hoping that the additional clips and additional WAY stronger magnets will solve this issue.

Anyone else have any experience, did you also have constant extra noise from the roof area and what did you do to solve it?

All this being said, it was stupidly easy to install and 100% has a HUGE dramatic effect on the heat coming in now that SoCal is picking up big big heat.

• Informative
Reactions: Massive Attack