Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmat order problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Tesmat mattress, shield, and sheet for my Model 3 on July 31, 2020 and scheduled a trip for early September. My credit card was charged promptly, and I got an email reporting that I would getting updates by email.

When I did not get emails within a couple of weeks, I sent a webmail through Tesmat.com asking for a status report. No answer. I tried again a few days later. Same result. I called the phone number on the website. Voice mail. I left a message.

Checking online, I found a review of someone who had ordered a Tesmat mattress in late June. In late July, he reached someone by phone and got a late July or early August delivery date, too late for the trip he had planned.

I was impressed by the product and the Tesmat website, but I'm getting close to filing a complaint with my credit card company. This order might turn out all right after all, but I thought I'd better post a caution to alert others.

• Informative
Reactions: LionXng
Their last facebook post was on August 20th, so is twitter. Privacy screen is on back order but don't see any info about mats themselves. Try to send them a message through facebook.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying on Facebook. I understand that some products might be moving more slowly now, but I prefer that companies with my money not ignore me.

Reactions: gern and flyingowl
I placed an order on 8/2 and tried emailing this week with no response. I, too, can understand there might be legitimate reasons for a delay, but silence is worse than being upfront with customers who have already paid.

Reactions: Tezzie
George at Tesmat told me on Facebook that all orders placed between July 2, 2020 and about August 25, 2020 would ship "either the last week of September or the first week of October." You can find the fuller thread on Facebook|Tesmat|Community. The Backorder language is now prominent on the site. George said it was there when I placed my order on July 29, 2020, but I didn't see it and I didn't save a screenshot for later review.

George at Tesmat told me on Facebook that all orders placed between July 2, 2020 and about August 25, 2020 would ship "either the last week of September or the first week of October." You can find the fuller thread on Facebook|Tesmat|Community. The Backorder language is now prominent on the site. George said it was there when I placed my order on July 29, 2020, but I didn't see it and I didn't save a screenshot for later review.
Thanks for the update. That’s disappointing, since I definitely recall the website saying that orders would be shipped by early September when I placed my order. But, I didn’t save a screenshot, either.

Thanks for the update. That’s disappointing, since I definitely recall the website saying that orders would be shipped by early September when I placed my order. But, I didn’t save a screenshot, either.

Sometimes logistics are complicated thing. I wish they would be more open with customers but sometimes *sugar* just happens.

I have an email from them saying early September. I'll give them two weeks then cancel my order and just continue to use my inflatable camping mat from REI. I've camped with it twice, and both times slept through the nights comfortably.

Sometimes logistics are complicated thing. I wish they would be more open with customers but sometimes *sugar* just happens.
Sure, but pretending that previous statements/commitments were not made borders on being untrustworthy and only complicates the already frustrating lack of communication and transparancy.

However, since my last post I have finally received an email from George @ Tesmat, so at least some communication is finally occurring. He basically said the same thing that Tom Trigg reported up-thread.

Sure, but pretending that previous statements/commitments were not made borders on being untrustworthy and only complicates the already frustrating lack of communication and transparancy.

However, since my last post I have finally received an email from George @ Tesmat, so at least some communication is finally occurring. He basically said the same thing that Tom Trigg reported up-thread.
Thanks for the post and please keep us posted if/when you receive it. I have another week and a half before I pick up my Model 3 and was looking at ordering the Tesmat privacy screen in a month or two; I'm not planning on getting their mat, but instead, the one on ForMyTesla.com.

Has anyone heard from or received their Tesmat order in the last month? When I ordered in July, George told me via email, that it would be shipped early September. It is a month later and they are not responding to any emails. Now, their website shows that orders will be shipped in November! They took my money three months ago, the least they could do is respond to my emails.

Has anyone heard from or received their Tesmat order in the last month? When I ordered in July, George told me via email, that it would be shipped early September. It is a month later and they are not responding to any emails. Now, their website shows that orders will be shipped in November! They took my money three months ago, the least they could do is respond to my emails.
I hear you. I think Tesmat’s “customer service” is really poor and George’s past statements have bordered on untruthful. I received an email on 9/23 that included this claim:
Your order in particular is scheduled to ship in the first week of October. We plan to have shipped out all backordered shipments before Columbus Day!
But I have heard nothing since that email and have received no shipping information.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: captanzuelo
Definitely lacking on customer service. Perhaps they feel like we will put up with it since we all put up with the poor service from Tesla!

So according to your last correspondence, they will be shipping all backorders within a week of today. Let see...

I have heard nothing from George about shipment since the update I posted on August 29, 2020. I will wait for word until October 9, 2020, the first full week in October. If no word arrives, I will try to get my money back with a credit to my credit card account. I will post a report by the end of this week.

Good luck, everyone.

Reactions: captanzuelo
I just requested a refund from Tesmat. Here's my note:

George,
I was willing to wait until the last week of September or the first week of October for you to ship my order. That time has passed, but I have not received either the products or a notice of shipment.
Please make an immediate refund to me by issuing a credit to the credit card I used to pay for the order. Let me know that you have received this message and issued the credit. I'm sorry you didn't send me the items I purchased from Tesmat last summer.

I just requested a refund from Tesmat. Here's my note:

George,
I was willing to wait until the last week of September or the first week of October for you to ship my order. That time has passed, but I have not received either the products or a notice of shipment.
Please make an immediate refund to me by issuing a credit to the credit card I used to pay for the order. Let me know that you have received this message and issued the credit. I'm sorry you didn't send me the items I purchased from Tesmat last summer.
Good luck. I requested a refund last month and.... crickets. Next step, file a charge back with my CC

I got my tracking number today. Can’t say I am impressed. My order won’t even be put in the mail until next Wednesday (10/14) and it is expected to be delivered a week later (on 10/21). I guess I should be glad I am even getting my order, but really? It is weeks late even being fulfilled, and then it is being sent by the slowest possible delivery service? I can’t say I’d ever do business with Tesmat again.