Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmat order problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order (finally) arrived today. I guess I am glad that the (ground!) shipping came faster than estimated. I haven’t used the mattress yet, so I can’t provide any comment other than it appears to be of good quality. However, given the frustration in ordering, communication, and delays, I would not recommend doing business with Tesmat.

I was looking at purchasing TesMat and had a few questions, so I sent a message through the website. After reading about the lack of responses from actual purchasers, I'm shocked I got an almost immediate response.

I got the sense that they (he) collect a bunch of money and then go to production. "Backordered" I take to mean he's waiting for more orders so he has enough cash to pay for the production. George's response to me was back on 10/2, and he told me a batch was all set to be shipped the following week. He also tried to entice me into placing an order by saying I "could possibly" get one from this batch if I ordered right away. but "no promises." Otherwise he said the next batch wouldn't ship until the end of November. I didn't order.

It appears that he's just a guy going through growing pains and trying to handle overwhelming demand. But I'll be the first to agree that it's no excuse for not providing updates on orders.

Received mine yesterday. Very impressed, very much like the mattress I sleep on when camping. Looking forward to spending a night on it in the Tesla.

I’m unwilling to hold this guy responsible for the delays, having worked with other small companies who are beholden on their suppliers, often in foreign countries. I do wish the communication had been proactive, but as the previous poster said, I received a reply email within 24 hours outlining the issues he was dealing with, and when I should expect my shipment. Unfortunately, it was later than my trip to the coast and back, but it will be ready for my next trip.

Hi everyone - George from TESMAT here. Reading your terrible experiences with my company really sucked but it was something I needed to hear and am actively working on. I sincerely apologize for those who I did not get back to in a timely manner. We're experiencing a lot of growing pains as a new company born in a COVID era and I am learning to factor a lot more lee way time in almost all areas of our supply chain because there are delays across the board. I know TESMAT seems like a very simple product but we work with many different manufacturers from our foam manufacturer, to our textiles, to a strapping manufacturer, magnetic buckles, cooler carrying case, etc. A delay in any component can push the entire shipment date and it's been very difficult keeping all these different vendors in line and on schedule.

The expected delivery timeframe was always located above the product description in bold and highlighted in orange. I learned that this wasn't visible enough due to hearing of many customers not being aware of when their product would ship. I think this is because it was highlighted in orange which is the site's theme color. I changed this to yellow so it sticks out more and I think customers are more aware of the expected delivery time. There was about a 2 week period in late July when orders were marked as expected to ship in early September. This wound up being pushed to mid October and I can't apologize enough for this delay.

Contrary to what someone in this thread guessed, we are not collecting a bunch of preorders and then sending them to be manufactured. We are actively manufacturing these as fast as we can. The current backorder is listed as shipping in late November, but I am aiming to beat that estimate by shipping all existing orders before November 15th. We then should have enough stock to be able to ship out orders immediately as they come in, eliminating backorders from now on.

My customer service and response time 100% needs work, but I do reply to all emails. 90% of the emails I receive are from customers anxious to receive their product and I'm hoping to eliminate the need for these emails to be even sent within the next 2 weeks once our backorder has been fulfilled. This will clear up the lines for much faster email support.

If you guys have any questions or more feedback, I am happy to listen and answer. Thank you to whoever started this thread and gave me this beating because I needed it!

Thank you George for your apology and explanation. I was one of those July orders and it took over 15 weeks until my Tesmat was delivered. I never held you accountable for the delays, just for the lack of communication. Thank you for acknowledging the shortcomings on that end.

I am looking forward to using the Tesmat next week. It appears to be a quality product.

Reactions: Airgetlam
I concur. I love the product, which I received on Monday, but since the shipping expectation changed after I had ordered, and I wasn’t visiting your website to check, some sort of communication would have been appropriate. It’s fine to highlight the expected shipping date when the product is ordered, and changing your emphasis color is great...but for those who had previously ordered, it doesn’t help.

This is in order to help you improve your company, not intended to tear you down. As I said, I love the product!

My post came off a little rough, George. I tried to point out that you got back to me immediately, which was appreciated. When I speculated about the reason for the long shipping times, I meant to sound empathetic, not critical. It was pretty easy to see you've been overwhelmed- a good problem to have. People love your product and you can't get it to them fast enough. (Kind of like Tesla)

We had a nice back and forth on email, and as I mentioned there I was hoping to get the TesMat before my upcoming trip. I decided to hold off since I'd be falling into the next batch. Rest assured, I'll be ordering soon, and I'm looking forward to experiencing what everyone else has raved about. (This may work out better, as now it could be a Xmas gift and I won't have to pay for it)

I wanted to provide an update. I ordered the Tesmat on Black Friday. (Great BF deal- buy the Tesmat and get the sheets and privacy screen free!) From order date to arrival was under 2 weeks. I received several emails updating me on the order status along the way. I think George heard the comments on here and has not only corrected the issues, but has totally turned a negative into a positive.

By the way, the Tesmat is way more comfortable than I figured. I would recommend it to any Tesla owner.

Wondering if anyone has had any recent issues. I placed an order that said it had a shipping label five days ago; however, no updates on the actual tracking indicating it had been turned over to FedEx, and TesMat hasn't returned any of my correspondences asking where it was at or if it had actually shipped.

I ordered on May 19th, with the date saying it’ll ship late June, but I have yet to receive any shipping info or any updates to my order. Has anyone ordered this lately, or have an idea of what the actual shipping times are?

If those mats are made in china, then they coming using ships. There are huge logistical delays at our ports in the west and it takes 3-x times longer for companies to receive their product. The whole supply chain is still a big mess and everything is overloaded. Of course company still need to communicate with customers about any delays.

Had anybody ordered from Tesmat recently?
I ordered two privacy screens. Good quality what I can say. Also fast shipping.

But…. The hooks and suction caps are missing with both of them.

I tried to reach them via email and Twitter but no success.
Has anybody got a phone number?