Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tessie App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am have issues installing the docker application.
- I updated the OS on the Pi 4 B and rebooted.
- entered curl -sSL https://get.docker.com | sh
It begins to execute the Docker install script
Then fails
E: Failed to fetch https//ookla.bintry.com/debian/genertic/InRelease 403 Forbidden [IP: 34.210.116.232 443]
E: The repository' https//ookla.bintry.com/debian genertic InRelease' is not signed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

I am have issues installing the docker application.
- I updated the OS on the Pi 4 B and rebooted.
- entered curl -sSL https://get.docker.com | sh
It begins to execute the Docker install script
Then fails
E: Failed to fetch https//ookla.bintry.com/debian/genertic/InRelease 403 Forbidden [IP: 34.210.116.232 443]
E: The repository' https//ookla.bintry.com/debian genertic InRelease' is not signed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
I noticed that now even trying to update the OS (sudo apt update) I get the same errors. Something somewhere appears to have been corrupted. I don't look forward to rebuilding the system. Suggestions?

I'm giving Tessie a trial and i quite like it.
It seems to wake the car up better than the OG Tesla app. Might just be me. I live in an area with poor LTE service for the car so that may be why. Plus my car isn't anywhere near my home wifi signal.
I like that you can look at the app and check things without waking the car, unlike the official app.

Anyone else tried this? Can't see any mention of it on here. Available on Android and iOS.

Seems like a nice user interface with the same detailed analytics as TeslaFi. Price is the same too, though you do get a 2 week free trial.

Has lots of info, voice commands using Alexa/Siri/Google and scheduling using either Google Assistant Routines or Shortcuts. Good info on drives, charging, drain while parked, etc.

You can import all your TeslaFi info too.

Scheduling isn't as simple as TeslaFi but once you've got it set up, the user interface is better day to day IMO.

Think I'll be switching to this as it's better then the Tesla App and TeslaFi as an all in one replacement for both.

This may be a ridiculous question, but can I input my electric rate into Tessie? It seems like I should be able to, but I can't figure out how. (I live in a high rise condo & am borrowing someone else's 220V outlet to charge my MY. I can do the math, but it seems Tessie should be doing it for me!)

In charging. For each session

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-201837.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-201837.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 315
This may be a ridiculous question, but can I input my electric rate into Tessie? It seems like I should be able to, but I can't figure out how. (I live in a high rise condo & am borrowing someone else's 220V outlet to charge my MY. I can do the math, but it seems Tessie should be doing it for me!)
Or, you go to 3 lines (top left) then locations, setup your location and what the default charging rates are for it, then it will always calculate it for you.

After you have added the location, you can also hit the recalculate button to retroactively add the costs back to previous charges.

I love Tessie. I made the switch when the other site I was using closed their doors. Their customer service has been spot on, they manually imported all my charging history into Tessie for me at their end, also they changed the charge cost times from hourly to 30 minute when I asked about it as octopus runs from half 12 to half 4 (they literally rolled that update out within a ccouple days) and best of all, I can preheat the car using google home.....

Plus they seem to be actively working on it and adding features, so I'm happy with the £50 a year right now.

Or, you go to 3 lines (top left) then locations, setup your location and what the default charging rates are for it, then it will always calculate it for you.

After you have added the location, you can also hit the recalculate button to retroactively add the costs back to previous charges.

I love Tessie. I made the switch when the other site I was using closed their doors. Their customer service has been spot on, they manually imported all my charging history into Tessie for me at their end, also they changed the charge cost times from hourly to 30 minute when I asked about it as octopus runs from half 12 to half 4 (they literally rolled that update out within a ccouple days) and best of all, I can preheat the car using google home.....

Plus they seem to be actively working on it and adding features, so I'm happy with the £50 a year right now.
Just signed up for the 2 week trial, installation was simple and the User Interface seems pretty intuitive etc. It does seem to be a good combination of the native Tesla App and Teslafi etc. as a non-User of these logging Apps historically I'll see how I get on.

Reactions: Nick77
I use Tessie and I like it. I do have a couple questions...

When I go to Driving and then look at Analytics, it says my lifetime efficiency is 97%, or 229 Wh/mi. But my car odometer says my lifetime efficiency is 207 Wh/mi. So why would these two numbers be different? Is Tessie including things like losses during charging?

The price of gas changes, so when I update the gas cost, does Tessie use that new cost moving forward, or does it recalculate the whole history of the car based on the new cost?

I use Tessie and I like it. I do have a couple questions...

When I go to Driving and then look at Analytics, it says my lifetime efficiency is 97%, or 229 Wh/mi. But my car odometer says my lifetime efficiency is 207 Wh/mi. So why would these two numbers be different? Is Tessie including things like losses during charging?

The price of gas changes, so when I update the gas cost, does Tessie use that new cost moving forward, or does it recalculate the whole history of the car based on the new cost?

Its based on what information it has, since you started using it. So any drives you did before setting up Tessie won't be included, which is probably why its different to what the car says. If you had it connected to another app before Tessie, you can get that information imported across though.

When you update the price of fuel, it will only use that price moving forward, unless you hit the recaculate button next to the price.

Reactions: Baluchi
Its based on what information it has, since you started using it. So any drives you did before setting up Tessie won't be included, which is probably why its different to what the car says. If you had it connected to another app before Tessie, you can get that information imported across though.

When you update the price of fuel, it will only use that price moving forward, unless you hit the recaculate button next to the price.
That's good to hear about the gas prices, thanks. Regarding the efficiency, I've had Tessie running for almost all of my car's life, except for the first 80 miles or so. And I've also noticed Tessie reports a higher Wh/mi after each drive compared to the screen reading in the car. Not sure what's going on with that.

That's good to hear about the gas prices, thanks. Regarding the efficiency, I've had Tessie running for almost all of my car's life, except for the first 80 miles or so. And I've also noticed Tessie reports a higher Wh/mi after each drive compared to the screen reading in the car. Not sure what's going on with that.
Oh in that case I have no idea. Maybe fire them an email? They have been very helpful and responsive with me in the past so it could be a bug they need to squash or there could be a reason they can explain. Either way, be nice to know :)

Reactions: Baluchi

I hadn't even noticed this function and had been adding the costs manually.

I've not been able to get that to work though. Added the locations and prices but after recalculating yesterday it still shows everything as £0.

I hadn't even noticed this function and had been adding the costs manually.

I've not been able to get that to work though. Added the locations and prices but after recalculating yesterday it still shows everything as £0.

Not sure what to say about that one then. I've got my home location set for scheduled charging costs and it works totally fine.
1635513143751.png

1635513084312.png

Reactions: jschimel and Nick77