Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tessie vs TeslaFi & Sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying both Tessie and TeslaFi right now and I can't get our MX to go to sleep.

Is it possible to work with one or the other *and* get the car to save energy (sleep)? As it is, the Phantom Drain rate is simply too high if I lose ~2% charge in a few hours after charging completes for the night by the time I drive (yeah slower charging would help I suppose).

I've already disabled Sentry Mode, Summon and Automatic Door opening, but so far it hasn't helped.

Also, Tessie keeps telling me the doors are unlocked, which of course they are, at home in our garage.

Hopefully, I can find some setting that will allow the car to sleep (and allow me to use one of these apps) as I'm a data hoarder, lol.

Thank you for any suggestions. Our 75D has a short enough range as it is w/o losing kWhs to the Phantoms!

Our 75D has a short enough range as it is w/o losing kWhs to the Phantoms!

Its not "phantom" drain if you know what it is.

The first suggestion would be to completely disable one of those and only use 1. Its going to be exponentially harder to get your car to sleep with multiple 3rd party tools than it would be with just one, since most of them simply stop polling your car for some determinate amount of time to allow it to go to sleep. If that time isnt synced up between them, it doesnt get a chance to go to sleep.

The car generally attempts to sleep after 10 minutes of no contact from outside sources. So, systems like Teslafi will query the car's sleep status at intervals greater than 10 min. If the query indicates the car is not asleep, then the system requests status data that resets the sleep counter.

The problem is when you have multiple external systems collecting data from the car. If the systems are independently doing this, then chances are the car never goes 10 minutes with a request for data and so does not fall asleep.

Keep in mind that your car will never sleep if sentry mode is active.

Reactions: Falcon73
Sentry mode is off. I removed Tessie from my phone, but the website still showed connected, so I disabled it there AND disconnected it. Hope this works!

I'm also going thru a bunch of suggestions from TeslaFi.

The vehicle is under my account and is the only one, but one key fob is missing and is it possible the prior owner could still have access to it?