Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive Convinced my wife

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went on a test drive in Chicago Gold Coast Gallery.

Great experience in store everyone relatively excited about M3. Test drive was impressive 0-60 even in RWD. I put my co pilot from Tesla in charge of selling my wife on the car. He didn’t really try very hard but she got intrigued asked questions. She made a wow comment as a accelerated into lake shore drive in Chicago. She was impressed with EAP it switched lanes 3 times in slight traffic.

She knew I had a reservation but didn’t know I had completed order. I got her blessing after test drive this is replacing my Lexus lease. She has a Jeep Grand Cherokee we would replace with a Model Y when that comes if it comes.

Now ill have to sell her on Performance. Because I bit on the M3P? Lol

Went on a test drive in Chicago Gold Coast Gallery.

Great experience in store everyone relatively excited about M3. Test drive was impressive 0-60 even in RWD. I put my co pilot from Tesla in charge of selling my wife on the car. He didn’t really try very hard but she got intrigued asked questions. She made a wow comment as a accelerated into lake shore drive in Chicago. She was impressed with EAP it switched lanes 3 times in slight traffic.

She knew I had a reservation but didn’t know I had completed order. I got her blessing after test drive this is replacing my Lexus lease. She has a Jeep Grand Cherokee we would replace with a Model Y when that comes if it comes.

1.) easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

2.) you gotta anticipate when she will find out and you better have your *sugar* together for that moment. I did not and took a beating for a bit.

3.) if you got dirt - get it ready. Thank God wife recently made an unwise decision with options elsewhere and didn’t consult me. I laid out the I FORGAVE YOU card.

Bam.. loving my P3.

Last edited:
1.) easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

2.) you gotta anticipate when she will find out and you better have your *sugar* together for that moment. I did not and took a beating for a bit.

3.) if you got dirt - get it ready. Thank God wife recently made an unwise decision with options elsewhere and didn’t consult me. I laid out the I FORGAVE YOU card.

Bam.. loving my P3.
1.) For small purchases sure. A car? We are talking something on a whole different level. Took me a day to get permission on the last day of free premium internet (6/30).

Reactions: Ormond and debuggr
My unsolicited advice: If the non-P felt fast enough for you, save the money for your inevitable “new and shiny Tesla trade in deficit fund”.

Historically I’ve always been happier getting a shiny new car at the 2-3 year mark compared to extra money I’ve dumped towards performance improvements...

Tesla is crazy fast at improving their cars — it’s practically like a smartphone.

Reactions: Ormond
If you are going to be the person driving it, get the performance model. If someone else is going to be the primary.... get the non performance.

If you make more than her, tell her that you need it as the primary wage earner....

If she makes more money than you, tell her that you need the performance version to compensate for the humiliation you endure from the madmen era judgment police in society.

If you both make the same amount, tell her that you read an Ayn Rand book and that you are convinced that your life has become meaningless in a world where conformity has supplanted creativity. You need the performance model so that your example may trickle down to feed the lesser citizens that suck from your performance bosom.

If all else fails, don’t tell her and when she asks how much it costs, say “huh?” Repeat until questions stop

If you are going to be the person driving it, get the performance model. If someone else is going to be the primary.... get the non performance.

If you make more than her, tell her that you need it as the primary wage earner....

If she makes more money than you, tell her that you need the performance version to compensate for the humiliation you endure from the madmen era judgment police in society.

If you both make the same amount, tell her that you read an Ayn Rand book and that you are convinced that your life has become meaningless in a world where conformity has supplanted creativity. You need the performance model so that your example may trickle down to feed the lesser citizens that suck from your performance bosom.

If all else fails, don’t tell her and when she asks how much it costs, say “huh?” Repeat until questions stop
You, sir, are a brilliant, little man.

1.) For small purchases sure. A car? We are talking something on a whole different level. Took me a day to get permission on the last day of free premium internet (6/30).

Can’t hide a whole car. However, wife can’t believe the 35K Model 3 comes with
310 mile range and pretty red thingies on the wheels.

Told her the underlined dual motor thing is a bug in the Tesla information center.

Does she see a dual motor badge? I didn’t either!

It’s also not really faster than the 75D X. Just a perception thing because the car is smaller.

Can’t hide a whole car. However, wife can’t believe the 35K Model 3 comes with
310 mile range and pretty red thingies on the wheels.

Told her the underlined dual motor thing is a bug in the Tesla information center.

Does she see a dual motor badge? I didn’t either!

It’s also not really faster than the 75D X. Just a perception thing because the car is smaller.
“It’s just the Doppler Effect, sweetie.”

Substitute dual bag for dual motor performance and I think you’ll find the analogy pretty funny.

• Funny
Reactions: Runt8
My unsolicited advice: If the non-P felt fast enough for you, save the money for your inevitable “new and shiny Tesla trade in deficit fund”.

Historically I’ve always been happier getting a shiny new car at the 2-3 year mark compared to extra money I’ve dumped towards performance improvements...

Tesla is crazy fast at improving their cars — it’s practically like a smartphone.

RWD is out of the question just on simply living in Chicago. Although everyone tried to sell me on the fact that it does great in snow.

But AWD all the day minimum was my mindset which she’s cool with. On the rare occasion she takes it I want it to handle as best as possible. Tesla convinced me throwing in supercharging I was on fence with going performance. While I know and get that the 10K price difference doesn’t equal the unlimited super charging it’s what put it over the edge. There is a super charger a block away from my office. As well as the potential to get it sooner because it seems less on queue are waiting for it.

Reactions: Gavyne
and 10mm lower. What about the spoiler?

No spoiler on image - I wonder if they update it when it’s actually attached.

I don’t have a comparison on non rice P3 to see if the car sits a little lower on the information center.

I’ll be upset if we could have had Level 5 autonomy by now but top coders assigned to making sure the car sits 10mm lower on the image. ;)

She forced me to change my order. She wasn’t having any of it.

If I order this version today how long before delivery ? My lease is up in sept.

#sad

Attachments

• 116971D9-09EF-4108-AB64-773D051502BF.jpeg
    116971D9-09EF-4108-AB64-773D051502BF.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 56