Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test drive events?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is going to be a Tesla Test Drive event this weekend near where I live...Test Drive Model S at Tesla Topanga! | Events | Tesla Motors

Are owners encouraged to go to test drive events?

Would you go if one was being held?

Our local TM showroom organizes events like this, and reaches out to our local owners group to bring more cars. Check with your local Tesla showroom or ownership experience rep to make sure they feel the same way about random owners showing up.

Owners give a more believable impression of the cars for people who don't already know Tesla's culture. I have personally been told by prospective buyers that they're glad owners were at these events because they feel like there's no corporate leash controlling our comments. Which is 100% true - no NDAs hold me back. Tesla knows that they're not needed. Only people who have been around Tesla long enough know that Tesla employees are some of the most honest marketing communicators around.

Some owners just show off their cars as static displays, not letting people in their cars, and some (like me) let people sit in the car like it was in the showroom. A couple of us even give test rides (not drives). Mine is a lived-in car that I take good care of, and I want people to see that a Model S is a great fit for many kinds of owners.

It's up to you to determine what you would get out of going to an event. I enjoy getting out to share what a pleasure my car is, and show just how much the auto industry is changing with one automaker lighting the way.

-andy

Pittsburgh just got 3 day event next weekend. It'll be my wife's first foray behind the wheel and I'm told I'll be able to sample a coil suspension. We're hoping to get a look at some different exterior/interior colors to help us finalize our pick. A friend of mine was also trying to set up a drive but told me the followup phone call made it clear that the slots were filling VERY fast (YAY! Maybe we'll get some orders and then a service center??) which made me wonder how many cars would they typically have at these kind of events? His impression was that they were scheduling around only TWO cars.

I'm signed up for a test drive in Austin Monday week. One of the things I would really like to do is drive a S85 to contrast with the P85 that I'm sure will be the test drive vehicle. Really curious to feel the difference before I start throwing money on the table.

I'm signed up for a test drive in Austin Monday week. One of the things I would really like to do is drive a S85 to contrast with the P85 that I'm sure will be the test drive vehicle. Really curious to feel the difference before I start throwing money on the table.

Well, I can almost assure you there won't be an S to test drive. No need, you will want at a minimum the P anyways--trust me.

They will probably have the P+ only to test drive--that's a VERY good thing. :wink:

Have fun on the test drive and let us know how it goes.

If you have any direct questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or ask away right here.

Have fun on Monday!

Test Drive in Wilmington DE Feb 2.
Screen shot 2014-01-29 at 3.43.04 PM.png