TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Test drive events?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lump, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Lump

Lump Active Member

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I do not know if they are encouraged or not...but I would go simply because i like being around others who get excited about Tesla.

3. texex91

texex91 Banned

This is more for perspective buyers to drive the cars.

Not sure if I already owned one, why I would want to go.

4. AndyM

AndyM Member

Our local TM showroom organizes events like this, and reaches out to our local owners group to bring more cars. Check with your local Tesla showroom or ownership experience rep to make sure they feel the same way about random owners showing up.

Owners give a more believable impression of the cars for people who don't already know Tesla's culture. I have personally been told by prospective buyers that they're glad owners were at these events because they feel like there's no corporate leash controlling our comments. Which is 100% true - no NDAs hold me back. Tesla knows that they're not needed. Only people who have been around Tesla long enough know that Tesla employees are some of the most honest marketing communicators around.

Some owners just show off their cars as static displays, not letting people in their cars, and some (like me) let people sit in the car like it was in the showroom. A couple of us even give test rides (not drives). Mine is a lived-in car that I take good care of, and I want people to see that a Model S is a great fit for many kinds of owners.

It's up to you to determine what you would get out of going to an event. I enjoy getting out to share what a pleasure my car is, and show just how much the auto industry is changing with one automaker lighting the way.

-andy

5. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

I know the last one they had here in Cincinnati, there were a few local owners who happened to have P85+ models.

6. DriverOne

DriverOne Member

7. texex91

texex91 Banned

8. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Pittsburgh just got 3 day event next weekend. It'll be my wife's first foray behind the wheel and I'm told I'll be able to sample a coil suspension. We're hoping to get a look at some different exterior/interior colors to help us finalize our pick. A friend of mine was also trying to set up a drive but told me the followup phone call made it clear that the slots were filling VERY fast (YAY! Maybe we'll get some orders and then a service center??) which made me wonder how many cars would they typically have at these kind of events? His impression was that they were scheduling around only TWO cars.

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

In Texas they may actually like owners being there as they can't even discuss price.

10. texex91

texex91 Banned

Im happy to show up and sell as much as needed. Don't want to be in the way but happy to talk with anyone on edge--especially coming out of high end cars.

11. ausdma

ausdma Member

I'm signed up for a test drive in Austin Monday week. One of the things I would really like to do is drive a S85 to contrast with the P85 that I'm sure will be the test drive vehicle. Really curious to feel the difference before I start throwing money on the table.

12. SamGarber

SamGarber S85 "Whale Shark"

And get them into a P+ ;)

13. texex91

texex91 Banned

Well, I can almost assure you there won't be an S to test drive. No need, you will want at a minimum the P anyways--trust me.

They will probably have the P+ only to test drive--that's a VERY good thing. :wink:

Have fun on the test drive and let us know how it goes.

If you have any direct questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or ask away right here.

Have fun on Monday!

14. Lump

Lump Active Member

I didn't get a change to go, I hadn't told my wife of the event so when I got home the MS was stolen...I ended up watching the Pats game in peace :biggrin:.

I hope it was a success.

15. delanman

delanman Member

Test Drive in Wilmington DE Feb 2.
    Screen shot 2014-01-29 at 3.43.04 PM.png