TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Test drive events

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Idbvideo, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Idbvideo

Idbvideo Member

This could seem like a silly question, but I will ask it anyways.

I really like the model S and if circumstances ever permit I would dearly love to have one. The question is - What level of potential customer does one have to be to get to test drive a Model S at one of the events dotted around the country?

Cheers n beers

Ian

2. mellington

mellington Member

Just phone up and book, I have had three test drives. The first was a hotel meet up, no questions about how serious at all. The last was a day or two before finalisation to let me think about some last min changes.

Circumstances... all I have to say is that if anyone is a company owner and currently drives a lot of miles in a privately owned car that is in the +£35-40k range from new then it's really worth looking at the potential ownership of the Model S as a company car.

3. Idbvideo

Idbvideo Member

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I am not a company owner, my most likely scenario would be gen III when that arrives. I fell in love with the Model S when I first saw it last year. Probably because I am an engineer :smile: I used to do wedding videos, hence the user name. I just need a lottery win.....

4. ichorus

ichorus Member

The Tesla Rep I was with on my first test drive in Edinburgh said that they get all sorts of people.
    People with no intention of getting one to the super rich who just fancied checking it out. Don't be shy about taking a test drive. They don't ask you what your finances are and they don't do the hard sell.

I mentioned I had a wedding coming up and that I would be looking to get one soon after, which is true. But didn't have to be.
    I'm sure having more people screaming and shouting about their cars is worth it in the long run.

I am taking my second test drive in August in Glasgow. This time I'm not splitting the time with my Wife. 20ish mins was not enough.
    Hopefully this time it is a RHD. Then just need to sort the deposit :)

5. nwarddrfc

nwarddrfc Member

Im going to florida in oct nov time and hoping to get to a showroom may try and get a test drive then if not wait for a test day local to me

Ps i know i will never be able to afford one not until my parents have gone sad thought

6. mellington

mellington Member

That was my biggest frustration with the test drive, it just doesn't feel right with a LHD in the UK. Two weeks in Europe doesn't feel great in RHD and 20mins in a car slightly wider than a Discovery on the wrong side of the car.

7. ichorus

ichorus Member

Yeah this is the main reason I have taken a second test drive.
    I didn't want to overtake and it stops you feeling comfortable as soon as you get in.

I know I want one, but I want to know in advance exactly what it will be like once I get it.

8. nwarddrfc

nwarddrfc Member

Just done a request on tesla site to get a test drive in sheffield as its the the one nearest to me so see how that goes my try and convince my dad to go to may understand why i never shut up about them