TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Test Drive Info Is Up

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rumbles, Jun 5, 2012.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

If the cars are now street legal there's nothing to stop passengers going along for the ride.

2. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Thanks for the information. I bought the tix on Southwest, so I can change them without losing money. I can't cancel as it a family vacation and meeting them in NY. We have a planned beach rental for the duration. So, I could change the flight to come back on Saturday the 14th (at no add'l cost) or Sunday the 15th (about $200 more in fare for my wife and me). But then we'd have to get back to the airport while the rest of the family is still down at the shore. I'll sit on it for now, and see if anything changes.

I'd defintiely like to get back for the test drive, but I'd have to do some negotiating with my family to do it. The other part of the equation would be the possiblity of future test drives. I'm not going to take delivery til November at the earliest (and that's optimistic given my number in the queue). Which would mean an order in the August/September timeline. With the new store opening in Scottsdale, I'm thinking there will be another chance later before I have to place the order.

If I wait, I'll just have to live vicariously through all of you people here :)

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Fully street legal so I plan on filling every seat, if they'll let me, including jump seats, if available, and putting my foot to floor on the highway on ramp.

4. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

July 15th in Scottsdale AZ. I wonder if that means that the new Fashion Square store will be open by then which would be really quick as it is was still boarded up a couple weeks ago.

I hope they will allow passengers as I want to make sure my wife gets to finally see the car and gets to drive/ride in it.

5. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

Really exciting news!! I had hoped that the test drives would start right away after deliveries began

6. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

DAMNIT! Both weekends in the Bay Area I will not be here to test drive, first weekend I'll be in San Diego and the next in Las Vegas! **SIGH**

7. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Are you the same BYT over on the official forums who just got offered a Sig slot?! If so, you'll probably be getting your car by July and can give the rest of us additional test drives! :)

8. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

LOL, true and yes, that is me, but if I get on that sig list I expect that I would be one of the last and most likely would wait until August or September for it?

9. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Wow!! This is exciting. July 20-22. Now to find out which NY store... :biggrin:

10. gg_got_a_tesla

At the rate they are going, early-to-mid August is very doable even for the straggler Sigs, I think.

If you do pull the trigger on the Sig, please keep me in mind for a more thorough looking over when you get it (I'll not compel you to offer a test drive) :) I work in Redwood Shores...

11. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

I will let you know for sure, you work at EA or Oracle? :)

12. gg_got_a_tesla

The big O, it is.

13. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

So in three weeks we'll have 1000+ who made a test drive... and some who own a Model S... it's gonna get busy on this forum... ;)

14. ETM

ETM Member

Are we even sure that ALL of these are at the stores because if you've been to the NYC store, there is absolutely no room to drive for 7-8 minutes at a good speed. i havent seen what the white plains store is like though... anyway, we'll have to wait and see...

15. stealthnhawk

stealthnhawk Member

I have reservation # 6605 and I am live close to Fremont.. does it mean that I won't be able to test drive on June 23/24 since my # is soo high? =(

16. gg_got_a_tesla

Possible... At 1,620, I'm not too confident either given the high number of SSL, Sig, R and low P res holders in the Bay Area.

17. gjamrok

gjamrok Junior Member

18. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I hope westchester, I enjoyed it up there. Though NYC would be closer for me.

19. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight _____ P85 #549 _____ Sig Red / Sig White

Conspicuous by their absence are any test drives in the South. I would think that Houston and/or Dallas would for sure get test drives. And I was still hoping that the Atlanta store would be open soon enough.

P.S. Miami is the capitol of Latin America - it is not the South.

20. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Tesla plans to provide 5000 test drives and they are going to do this over 12 weekends. That's an average a little over 200 test rides per day. (With 6 cars operating for 8 hours with 4-5 rides per hour that should do it.)

So I figure at the minimum Signature reservations up to about #400 should get an invitation to Fremont for the 23rd and 24th.

Larry