Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive Info Is Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may still have a shot at cancelling the flight tickets courtesy the new DoT regulations that went into effect in January this year:

Press Release | U.S. Department of Transportation

Policies by airline:
Airlines' courtesy fare-hold and 24-hour cancel/change policies - Airfarewatchdog
Thanks for the information. I bought the tix on Southwest, so I can change them without losing money. I can't cancel as it a family vacation and meeting them in NY. We have a planned beach rental for the duration. So, I could change the flight to come back on Saturday the 14th (at no add'l cost) or Sunday the 15th (about $200 more in fare for my wife and me). But then we'd have to get back to the airport while the rest of the family is still down at the shore. I'll sit on it for now, and see if anything changes.

I'd defintiely like to get back for the test drive, but I'd have to do some negotiating with my family to do it. The other part of the equation would be the possiblity of future test drives. I'm not going to take delivery til November at the earliest (and that's optimistic given my number in the queue). Which would mean an order in the August/September timeline. With the new store opening in Scottsdale, I'm thinking there will be another chance later before I have to place the order.

If I wait, I'll just have to live vicariously through all of you people here :)

July 15th in Scottsdale AZ. I wonder if that means that the new Fashion Square store will be open by then which would be really quick as it is was still boarded up a couple weeks ago.

I hope they will allow passengers as I want to make sure my wife gets to finally see the car and gets to drive/ride in it.

LOL, true and yes, that is me, but if I get on that sig list I expect that I would be one of the last and most likely would wait until August or September for it?

At the rate they are going, early-to-mid August is very doable even for the straggler Sigs, I think.

If you do pull the trigger on the Sig, please keep me in mind for a more thorough looking over when you get it (I'll not compel you to offer a test drive) :) I work in Redwood Shores...

Wow!! This is exciting. July 20-22. Now to find out which NY store... :biggrin:
Are we even sure that ALL of these are at the stores because if you've been to the NYC store, there is absolutely no room to drive for 7-8 minutes at a good speed. i havent seen what the white plains store is like though... anyway, we'll have to wait and see...

Conspicuous by their absence are any test drives in the South. I would think that Houston and/or Dallas would for sure get test drives. And I was still hoping that the Atlanta store would be open soon enough.

P.S. Miami is the capitol of Latin America - it is not the South.

Tesla plans to provide 5000 test drives and they are going to do this over 12 weekends. That's an average a little over 200 test rides per day. (With 6 cars operating for 8 hours with 4-5 rides per hour that should do it.)

So I figure at the minimum Signature reservations up to about #400 should get an invitation to Fremont for the 23rd and 24th.

Larry