TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Test Drive Info Is Up

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rumbles, Jun 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

From George's blog:

Larry

2. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Is anyone whom is local to the test drives going to host a TMC meet & greet before the event?

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Well, I WOULD ... but I need an invite first. I somehow think that those of us with just a Roadster and a Model X Signature reservation won't be invited.

::sob::

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Bonnie, I may or may not have the invite incoming and I may or may not have time to do the event (things are a bit... fluid... for me for the next 36 hours)

But if the stars do align (70% chance, I think) then you can tag along with me. Or maybe I ride along with you. w/e

Edit: ... wait, to go in the Roadster that would mean my wife letting some unknown woman take me to the test drive. Hmmmm, maybe you take my wife instead? It might end up being her car anyhow.

5. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

#65 W.Petefish, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    Bonnie, if I get an invite you are welcome to come along. (That is IF they allow it. ;my preferred Test drive local is Los Angles as I can't make Fremont because of a summer class.)

6. Spurkey

Spurkey P04251

Here's hoping they allow for cross-border test drives - Seattle's a lot closer to me than Toronto.

7. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Attn Bonnie, in return you'll have to wash his car!

8. bonnie

I'll happily pay for that $10 wash. Thanks!

9. bonnie

Being neighbors and all, I'll take your wife in the Roadster. It will also give me a chance to answer any electric questions she might have (and it will probably mean that yes, the S will become her car!).

----------
    @all: I'll volunteer to set up another get together after the test drive location is confirmed. I assume it's the Fremont factory, but you never know what Tesla is planning. If it is the factory, I'll just go with the spot that Teg picked when we all showed up for the first Model S event.

10. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Wrong state. (although amusing. :biggrin:)

11. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Ok Bonnie, assuming I get the email next week (highly likely) I think you've got a ticket to ... ride?

I confirmed my new job today. So that means my wife gets the Tesla because my commute just went from 15 miles of surface streets to less than 2 miles that I could easily bike or rollerblade or walk. Since she'll be the main driver, she gets the test drives.

I'll get the Tesla for sales trips. I imagine I'll try to find some reason to do some sales trips this fall. :wink:

12. bonnie

Thank you! I'll send you a pm with my contact info.

13. TRON

TRON Member

14. david_42

david_42 Member

I'll even be in town for the Portland test drives. Unfortunately, unless my business' sales pick up a lot, it's not an option this year. I'll leave my slot in the lottery to someone who can follow through.

15. fairlycool

fairlycool Member

I still haven't gotten an email from Tesla yet about this test drive :(