Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have done 2 test drives. One in Soushan Hill, I was not scheduled but met a fellow poster here and we went together letting me use his spot. It was 15-20 minutes and we got to travel around on the highway as well to really test out the speed. It was pretty exhilarating.

My second test drive was a normally scheduled drive in Cyberport. We stayed on the slow speed roads, it was about 10 minutes or less, just went around in basically a slow winding circle and came back. It was not as fun but still useful.

I have done 2 test drives. One in Soushan Hill, I was not scheduled but met a fellow poster here and we went together letting me use his spot. It was 15-20 minutes and we got to travel around on the highway as well to really test out the speed. It was pretty exhilarating.

My second test drive was a normally scheduled drive in Cyberport. We stayed on the slow speed roads, it was about 10 minutes or less, just went around in basically a slow winding circle and came back. It was not as fun but still useful.

There are hundreds of Tesla Model S on the roads now, including mine and many other members here. I am sure you could hook up for an extended tour, as well as get some feedback from customers, rather than just TM.

I did it at last, my scheduled time was 11:30 last Friday it was a terrible time. I arrived there 10 minutes early but I couldn't find a space to park and circled the blocks 3 times until I found an illegal spot. It turned out that the location was to blame their shop is just about 10 metres away from Liaison office of the central government and there were lots of cars squeezing into the narrow road trying to pick up apparently a big group of visitors coming out from meetings in the building.

The adviser named Trista served me, she is very nice and is the longest serving in Tesla Hong Kong. I was supposed to have a 15mins test drive as standard I said I hoped to drive to where I live where there is charging facility already installed. We set off however the traffic was terrible (lunch time, occupy central, parents picking up kids ...etc) and I hardly had the opportunity to feel the sporty feel of the car. Instead I had a lot of opportunity talking to Trista in the car and tried out things at the big touch pad control.

At the end I drove back to where I live (East end of the island), tested out the 13A public charging point, the management was so thrilled as ever since it was installed I was the first user.

The car is flawless, almost, the only comments I made were about the brake (personal feel) and the middle console between passengers or the lack of it and I would prefer to have a arm rest extending further out. I also feel that the car is really heavy or heavier than a normal ICE car. Due to traffic the test drive was much longer but I didn't quite have the chance to try flooring the accelerator or a hard brake.

I will be writing to my building management to get consent of installing a charger at my parking lot. Before placing my order I just wonder if I can really feel the difference between 85 and P85 (1.2 seconds quicker for 0-100k/hm sprint?)... anyone has tried both?