TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Test Drive Montreal Tips and Ideas?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by forumman83, Jul 24, 2016.

1. forumman83

forumman83 Member

I am passing through Montreal next month and have set up a time/date to test drive a Model S.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks/ideas for the test drive?

Also, the Tesla rep I spoke with was really grilling me on whether or not I was interested in buying a Model S, and if so, in what time frame.

I am mostly just kicking the tires right now but found it a bit odd.

Thanks for the ideas

2. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

I highly advise you to review your accounts and finances prior to the test drive. Once you test drive one, you WILL want it asap--this is what happened to me.

No real tips or tricks. Just have fun test driving the future!

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  3. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

The Tesla rep may seem pushy, but in reality they're just being realistic. As @Dr MS said, you are taking a much bigger step in doing
    this test drive than you probably realize. One hit of crack? Hey, where's the harm? After that I can say I've done it and never do it
    again. Sure. ;):eek::D

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. BlairC

BlairC Member

I have a reservation for a Model 3. Test drove an S this past Friday. (holy sh!t what a car!!) The sales person knew I had the Model 3 reservation, and did not try to get me into a Model S one single time. She was not pushy at all. Rather, she focused on demonstrating all the wonderful features of the car.

5. forumman83

forumman83 Member

Awesome great tips. I will have a quick review of my finances but I have a Model 3 on reserve as well!

Is there any way to take the test drive without a representative tagging along?

• Like x 1
  6. Buddy

Buddy Member

When I did my test drive there was a family taking a P90D for an overnight test drive. I'm not sure how you get to do it though.

7. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

I asked to do a garage fit, to make sure the Model S could fit alongside my wife's SUV, and they just offered an overnight test drive instead. Probably not helpful in your situation, since you mentioned you're just passing through Montreal.

• Like x 1
  8. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

She didn't encourage you to breath, either, but yet... ;)

• Funny x 1
  9. BlairC

BlairC Member

Honestly, the couple times I mashed the accelerator, you may have needed to remind me to breathe. :)

• Like x 1