Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive open for anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone.
I was wondering, does Tesla Events hold test drives for people who want to experience and drive a Tesla just for fun? I found this link, Tesla Events | Tesla Motors but I was not sure. I am mid 30's adult with a strong interest in the car, but do not have the income to afford one yet. Or could I simply walk in a Tesla dealer and request a test drive? Just curious. Thanks.

Hello everyone.
I was wondering, does Tesla Events hold test drives for people who want to experience and drive a Tesla just for fun? I found this link, Tesla Events | Tesla Motors but I was not sure. I am mid 30's adult with a strong interest in the car, but do not have the income to afford one yet. Or could I simply walk in a Tesla dealer and request a test drive? Just curious. Thanks.

Anyone may request a test drive. In Texas they need to be scheduled. Not sure about other states. No income check, just a drivers license. Drive, have fun, start saving :)

Hello everyone.

I was at another forum yesterday and someone from Iowa posted they were driving through Minneapolis and dropped by the Tesla store and got a test drive, just for fun.

Very early on, you had to have a deposit down to get a test drive. I went to one of the 2012 "Get Amped" events in Toronto about 6 months before first deliveries here. Later that same year, I was in SoCal and dropped by a store and they were happy to let me take one for a spin.