Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive Schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time I try to schedule a test drive online at either of the two closest stores I am only given the options of days Monday through Thursday. Do Tesla stores only provide test drives between Monday and Thursday, even though their stores are still open on Friday and Saturday?

I'd like to schedule a test drive of a Model S to see if I'd rather get an S rather than a Model 3 next year, but I'm having an issue with the timing. My wife and I are both busy with new jobs and my daughter is in school, she only has 1-2 Fridays off before we get to the winter season.

I don't really want to test drive one in the winter as I'd like my wife's first electric car experience to be one where she can enjoy an open road in great weather. She is the eternal skeptic so anything I can do to make her have a better experience would incentivize her to be more willing to add options.

Also, I have a Model 3 on reservation and my concern is that we would be offered the chance to configure it before we get to test drive a Model S. In that case, she'd be much less likely to upgrade to better options.

Side question, once you're notified for configuration, how long do you have to start the process before you are passed over in line?

Got a little OT here, but the original question still remains (the rest is just a reasoned rant). Thanks.

I don't really want to test drive one in the winter as I'd like my wife's first electric car experience to be one where she can enjoy an open road in great weather.
Fwiw, we did our test drive on a rainy day in March and one of the things that sold us was the way the D was nailed to the road
even under slick conditions. Open road would have been nice, but that wasn't really in the cards in Indianapolis.

FWIW, I'm in Houston and I have an appointment at 1300 tomorrow (Sunday) to test drive the Model S. The person I spoke with on the phone said they offer test drives 7-days/week. I attempted to schedule it for today, but there was no availability.

Good luck -- I'm sure you'll get it worked.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
I live in South Carolina where there are maybe a couple of hundred Teslas registered, no service center or show room. On the 6th day of my ownership I went to the local recycling center to unload some plastic and paper. The guy parked next to me said he had test driven a Tesla and getting one was on his bucket list.

Tipping point folks, tipping point.

Before I got my X but in the 7 day waiting period, I called the store to see if they have a demo. They told me yes we can go check it out but to test drive I'll need an appointment. No problem I just wanted to check the interior. I went to the store, they said they can actually put me in a test drive with the full orientation about EV etc.

When I checked the test drive appointment on the website the night before, the first available date at that location was like 2 weeks away. So, I figured they reserved some appointments for their walk-in customers / phone customers. Hope that helps.