TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Test Drive Scheduling through Tesla website

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TrumpetTitan, Jul 3, 2018.

1. TrumpetTitan

TrumpetTitan Model 3 Performance

When I visited the Tesla website yesterday, there was a popup window indicating that Model 3 test drives will be available soon. I was able to sign up.

Just an FYI for those wishing to test drive before ordering/configuring.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the car. Hopefully the handling is good and the steering is direct and responsive. I'm certain it will make a wonderful commuter car, but I want it to also be pleasurable for my spirited driving.

2. JimmyC

JimmyC Member

I signed up for a test drive through the website and .... nothing happened. I waited a few days and went to my local showroom to see if I could schedule one there. Turns out, I could - I'm booked for tomorrow at 11am.

I'm torn between gleeful anticipation and a vague dread that this might be the start of a slippery slope.

3. notAnExpert

notAnExpert Member

I too signed up (more than once) on the website for test drive. No response for several weeks. I gave up, called my local Tesla store and they let me test drive the same day.

• Helpful x 1
  4. Goatdan

Goatdan Member

I test drove someone's RWD before they had them for test drives. I think you'll be pleasantly impressed. I know I was.

5. tvisdog

tvisdog Supporting Member

I requested a test drive several times through the website when I was entertaining the silly idea of upgrading to a P3D. I'm actually glad they never called me, though they shouldn't be.

6. JimmyC

JimmyC Member

I had my test drive today and was very impressed with the car. My only regret is that the test drive course didn't allow one to really explore all the car's capabilities. But watching it on autopilot smoothly following traffic on the highway was amazing. Science fiction level stuff.

7. TrumpetTitan

TrumpetTitan Model 3 Performance

I did my test drive, and enjoyed it so much I decided to order a Model 3 performance.

8. pbd87

pbd87 Member

I signed up on website multiple times. The first time, I got a call after a couple of weeks...from the showroom at my old address in another state. This was the nearest showroom to when I put in my reservation a long time ago at the original launch. This despite the fact that the website asked for a ZIP code when requesting a test drive, and my online account had been updated.

The nice person from my old address said she would note my account, and I put in another request online, but still never heard from them locally.

Did go test drive a Model S, and sat in a Model 3, so I felt comfortable enough to order. Picking up P3D+ today in Fremont!