Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive Sun 6/13, Ordered 6/14, Had Vin on 6/15.... Things escalated quickly!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a whirlwind of events.

My fiancé and I took a test Drive on Sunday. Figured out I indeed want a MYP. Figured I would order later in the year. That Monday as I was waiting for gas at Costco yet again, said screw it and ordered it. Assuming it would be here about Sept.

Woke up Wednesday with the VIN and a email to pay for my Tesla. Luckily I got approved for the loan on Tue just in case. Finished the paperwork and loan and Insurance and it showing it will be here in Michigan between the 21-27, so next week.

Excited and terrified at the same time lmao, happened so fast.

Y Performance, MSM, Tow Hitch, Black Interior.

So out with the Jeep and spending 500-600 a month in gas!

Ya i was not expecting things to go that fast, my 15-40 adapter is otw from Oregon from eBay, hope it beats the car here!
Congrats! I had the same problem :) Ordered on June 6 got the car on June 18. Model Y LR.
My Tesla Wall connect got here one day later and I'm still waiting for the 6/3 cable to arrive so I can hook it up.
Using nearby supercharger until then

What a whirlwind of events.

My fiancé and I took a test Drive on Sunday. Figured out I indeed want a MYP. Figured I would order later in the year. That Monday as I was waiting for gas at Costco yet again, said screw it and ordered it. Assuming it would be here about Sept.

Woke up Wednesday with the VIN and a email to pay for my Tesla. Luckily I got approved for the loan on Tue just in case. Finished the paperwork and loan and Insurance and it showing it will be here in Michigan between the 21-27, so next week.

Excited and terrified at the same time lmao, happened so fast.

Y Performance, MSM, Tow Hitch, Black Interior.

So out with the Jeep and spending 500-600 a month in gas!
Same here. Wife and I test drove the MYP on Saturday and went back and forth on should I, shouldn't I for 48 hours. Kept configuring, then bailing. Finally just clicked the order button. Estimated delivery says September.... but I really don't want mine earlier. Currently driving a 2020 Ford Raptor and need the truck for an August move. Was also hoping perhaps the EV tax credit would come back by then (doubtful).

What was your estimated delivery date?

While I wanted the MYP, I opted for the MYLR just for the East coast winters and having all season tires. I dealt with the hassle of swapping out summer to winter tires in the past & was just something I didn't want to revisit.

Good luck with the delivery!

Reactions: Ashenor
Same here. Wife and I test drove the MYP on Saturday and went back and forth on should I, shouldn't I for 48 hours. Kept configuring, then bailing. Finally just clicked the order button. Estimated delivery says September.... but I really don't want mine earlier. Currently driving a 2020 Ford Raptor and need the truck for an August move. Was also hoping perhaps the EV tax credit would come back by then (doubtful).

What was your estimated delivery date?

While I wanted the MYP, I opted for the MYLR just for the East coast winters and having all season tires. I dealt with the hassle of swapping out summer to winter tires in the past & was just something I didn't want to revisit.

Good luck with the delivery!
Ya being in Michigan I will have to swap the rims and tires for sure.

Our roads are so bad i really should swap these with someone for the 20's and some cash for more sidewall.

It's a pain but I did want the performance version.

I think its the Performances that are coming super quick, when I ordered it said 1-10 weeks, i assumed it would be September ha.