TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Test Drive Today

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mhotep, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Mhotep

Mhotep Member

This afternoon I have a test drive scheduled at sales office in NC. Can't wait. So excited. Just thought I would share. Hoping they have a loaner to sell, as I want won by end of year.

2. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Have a blast!

3. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Do not do it. The virus has no antidote. And you'll become one of us. :)

4. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Agree 100% :cool:

5. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Hope you are ready for a fun time, as most test drives seal the deal.

My understanding is all Loaners and Test cars are for sell, so you might want to bring your checkbook, or have your financing already arranged.
    Oh, and call your insurance agent too...
    And your electrician.

That's about it for now, welcome!

6. Mhotep

Mhotep Member

Actually didn't know that most were for sale. Just assumed when they reached a certain number of miles and only a few for sale. Wife doesn't want to come with me. Doesn't think they are safe, actually objects to me getting it despite pointing out to her everything I can find out there. 3 little fires......

7. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

So she doesn't ride in any ICE vehicles either, then? Those catch fire way more often and are powered by constant explosions...

8. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

The car is very safe, and fast.
    It is a tank.
    Lots of photos with cars that have had collisions, I recall one broken wrist.
    OCCUPANTS of the car are what matter, not the vehicle.
    Bring your wife, she will be awed.

ALL cars are for sale, and if you think by ordering one it will arrive by the end of the year, well that won't happen.

9. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Yes, seems she's being irrational, but maybe she just doesn't want him to spend that much money on a car?

10. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

It really won't matter after he drives one!

11. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Then she hasn't read the NHSTA 5 star report. Simply cannot drive a safer car. It is built like a tank!
    Tesla Model S Achieves Best Safety Rating of Any Car Ever Tested | Press Releases | Tesla Motors

You really should bring her. You'll make a convert out of her, if she comes.

You? You're already beyond return now. I suspect, as Sp4rk mentioned, that you already have the bug. You'll come back locked, committed, and confirmed. ;)

12. gene

gene Active Member

Take her along for the test drive, then show her the NHTSA crash videos and I would guess she'll be pleased. One more thing, I had test drove the Model S twice. It wasn't until owning one and putting some miles on that the pleasure of this car really sinks in. Now, 8 months and 14,000 miles later, I just can't imagine owning anything else.

13. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

#13 Cattledog, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    You're a goner. Bring your wife and your checkbook. Resistance is futile. Enjoyment is endless.

BTW, before we bought our car, there couldn't have been five people in the WORLD that cared less about cars than my wife. That's changed.

14. Hybris

Hybris Member

I had a BMW i3 on order. Did testdrive the P85+. Had no intention at all to buy a Tesla. To expensive was my argument. A week after the testdrive i had ordered a maxed out P85+... Yes its like a zombie virus!!! Dont test or you will become a teslazombie! ;-)

15. Mhotep

Mhotep Member

You guys are right. I'm already a goner. I've wanted this car since announced. The safety ratings sealed the deal. Trying to put it in the buisness. My wife refuses to listen logic on the Tesla. I've giving here everything I could find for safety. Still not budging. Oh well, her loss.

16. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

As others have mentioned mhotep, first of all WELCOME, but I must warn you, you are placing yourself in grave danger. This virus has been known to withstand even the strongest of spousal disapprovals. There really is no discernible immunization, inoculation, or recovery. Even a mild case can only be cured by writing an $80k check. The + bug is even more virulent and often strikes after the 60 bug evolves into the 85 bug. Be forewarned!!!

17. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

silver lining is that you won't have to fight over who's going to get to drive it...:wink:

p.s. i am posting from my MS while waiting for friends for lunch!

18. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

We took our test drive 6 months ago and took delivery of our car yesterday. Both my husband and I still have huge grins. We had to drop it off to get wrapped yesterday and my husband woke me up early this morning after remotely checking on the car to tell me he misses the car. When we went for the test drive I to wasn't excited about the car. I felt like it was a huge waste of money and that I'd rather put in the 1/4 the money for a brand new ICE. However I then got behind the wheel and we left and I've been obsessed ever since. Maybe you can just ask her to come along for the ride with you. She'll also be hooked and you won't have anything further to worry about.

19. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Wrong. She's getting a new car. That's where I'm placing my bet.

20. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

I did my test drive in September. Have been thinking about it ever since and am now in serious configuration mode with a view to order mid December...

Wife doesn't seem to mind at all that I'm spending €100k on a car - OK it's through my company, so she doesn't feel the impact directly, but nevertheless.

She thought it was amazing, albeit a bit scary :biggrin: