Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are right. I'm already a goner. I've wanted this car since announced. The safety ratings sealed the deal. Trying to put it in the buisness. My wife refuses to listen logic on the Tesla. I've giving here everything I could find for safety. Still not budging. Oh well, her loss.
Pretty sure it isn't how amazing the car is, it is how expensive it is.

Happy wife, happy life. You might want to put it off a bit.

On the other hand, our Model S is my wife's daily driver. So it worked out well for her. :smile:

Test drive is over, so First Step is completed.
If you are serious about having a car delivered before end of year, you need to focus on Program or Loaner car existing inventory.
Purchasing from Tesla will allow you to have the $7,500 Federal tax refund and any state tax refund.
If you buy a pre-owned Model S, you are not eligible for those refunds, only the initial purchaser is.
But there are some great cars available from current owners who have moved "up" to a P85 or P85+.

IF you think that a S60 will serve all your needs, those are great cars.
I have found that since I have taken delivery of my Models S I do a LOT more driving, and my S85's extra range helps immensely.

It was the blue p85+

I did the same thing about a montha go... It is a very quick ride from any Model S will do to a p85+.. Dont snap judgement on a 60, you might find yourself wanting that blue p85+.... Personally im afflicted with the most advanced stage of the Model S virus so my opinion is heavily biased.... I'd just get the loaner blue p85+.... In for a penny in for a pound and you will have no regrets... Besides your wife has already accepeted the fact one is coming....

So right now I'm debating packages/features. I told him to find a P85 with tech package and look for a 60 loaded. Figure I'll get a few choices and go there and compare with the used ones I found. Has anyone not gone with the tech package?

The force is strong in you... Resistence is futile.... Once you start leaning towards the tech package it becomes a slippery slope.... Lots of people have purchased vanilla 60 or not performance of course and a lot of people have also upgraded up to the p85+ after gettin a 60/85 and then having a loaner p85+ for a day for whatever reason..... Read as many threads here as you can stand and you will see.... Congrats and good luck. No matter what way you go you will be happy...

So right now I'm debating packages/features. I told him to find a P85 with tech package and look for a 60 loaded. Figure I'll get a few choices and go there and compare with the used ones I found. Has anyone not gone with the tech package?

Dont skip the tech package.

When I was in Tesla yesterday they said that there was no 60's for sale in the inventory, that they where bought pretty quickly, I am trying to find an inventory 85 now to upgrade from my 60. Not a p85+ just a regular 85.

Good luck with your search!

GDH sounds like a candidate for a retail sale as he/she is not going to get a lot from Tesla on trade in. It is a shame Portland and Martinsville are sooooo far apart.

WRT what to buy, be wary of the P+ crack pushers on this forum (of which I am one :) ).

GDH sounds like a candidate for a retail sale as he/she is not going to get a lot from Tesla on trade in. It is a shame Portland and Martinsville are sooooo far apart.

WRT what to buy, be wary of the P+ crack pushers on this forum (of which I am one :) ).

It's Grant =)

It's funny I didn't even talk to Tesla about a swap as I just bought it. I will call them on Monday about that. They did however ask if they could give out my number because they were getting a lot of calls for 60's....so maybe they will want it back especially since I am buying another from them. I was told that the 60"s where selling faster than the p+ because of their high price....that is why there are a lot of them for sale via the inventory program.