Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive tomorrow - what to look out for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enjoy your test drive, hope you enjoy it as much as well all did!!
Just WOW...was blown away by the car (LR- white interior).
So easy to drive and so comfortable.
My main concern beforehand was ā€˜wind noiseā€™ but having got up to 75mph, I didnā€™t have any issues, even quieter than my Ford Fiesta.
Got a few more months of saving and then will be joining the M3 gang.
The only issue my partner picked up on was reflection off of the white dash board while in the passenger seat, it wasnā€™t even a particular sunny day but she said it was glaring.
Donā€™t know if anyone who has white interior has the same issue? Must be able to get something to take the glare off.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Just WOW...was blown away by the car (LR- white interior).
So easy to drive and so comfortable.
My main concern beforehand was ā€˜wind noiseā€™ but having got up to 75mph, I didnā€™t have any issues, even quieter than my Ford Fiesta.
Got a few more months of saving and then will be joining the M3 gang.
The only issue my partner picked up on was reflection off of the white dash board while in the passenger seat, it wasnā€™t even a particular sunny day but she said it was glaring.
Donā€™t know if anyone who has white interior has the same issue? Must be able to get something to take the glare off.
We have white interior. Yes there is a glare but you get used to it I guess. Wife hasnā€™t complained about it and I donā€™t notice it any more.

Reactions: D1939
There are 3 options I have heard of for this very issue: (1) cover the white with a nice matte carbon fiber wrap, (2) purchase one of many aftermarket strips that are not white, and (3) purchase the OEM fake wood version. In any event, it is very easy to remove the white panel and either wrap it yourself or replace it. Will be doing same when I get mine.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/BMZX-Tesla-Interior-Dashboard-Install/dp/B08XMV32RZ?th=1

Enjoy!

The main problem I have with the white dash is in sunny conditions.
The reflection of it in the driver's window washes out the view in the door mirror - it's all I can see.
Usual solution is to open the window so there is no reflection - usually not raining when the sun is out! - otherwise use the rear camera?

The main problem I have with the white dash is in sunny conditions.
The reflection of it in the driver's window washes out the view in the door mirror - it's all I can see.
Usual solution is to open the window so there is no reflection - usually not raining when the sun is out! - otherwise use the rear camera?
Having already driven an M3/white interior in full sun my solution was to order the black interior.

Shame, as the white looks really great on pre 2021 model versions (not keen on the new ones, nor the wood door strips on black either)

Thanks for all your responses, I really like the white interior but Iā€™m also a bit concerned about ā€˜blue denim transferā€™.
Iā€™ve got a little while to decide but might just go for black, cover the wooden dash board and maybe get some decent white seat covers. šŸ‘

Reactions: Drew57
Thanks for all your responses, I really like the white interior but Iā€™m also a bit concerned about ā€˜blue denim transferā€™.
Iā€™ve got a little while to decide but might just go for black, cover the wooden dash board and maybe get some decent white seat covers. šŸ‘
Had my white ones ceramic coated. Everything just wipes off