TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Test Drive Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Lex444, Sep 27, 2019.

1. itr452

itr452 Member

I'm picking up my car tomorrow..and I've only done 1 test drive for the past 4 cars I've bought ._.

All i had to do was get the okay from the Boss(wife) lol

2. RC2785

RC2785 Member

Don't worry, they won't try to hard sell.

3. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Member

I don't think they are going to pull this old scam on you, if that's what you're worried about. "Hard sell" would probably consist of trying to determine which of their inventory cars are ones you'd be happy to buy.

4square2.jpg

• Funny x 1
  4. NickFie

NickFie Member

Figure out what you want.

Dual Motor/All Wheel Drive?

Willing to pay a premium for performance model?

What is your range (battery capacity) / price trade-off? In general, get the largest battery capacity you can. The car is so good you’ll want to drive it everywhere.

How important are specific body and interior colors?

There are some people who gain great pleasure from paying absolute lowest price, even if they have to fall short of their dream.

Others know what they want, would rather pay the cost to enjoy it than spend years regretting the compromises.

If you’re clear on these, then the choices fall into place.

5. MrG_NY

MrG_NY Member

Your going to drive the car and it will sell itself.
    I am picking mine up tomorrow and I ordered it today. Got in stock vehicle.

• Like x 1
  6. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Active Member

buy the most tesla you can afford, you’ll regret not doing it.

• Like x 1
  7. akidesir

akidesir Member

Get your money ready before the test drive

• Like x 1
  8. eustachio

eustachio Member

Be prepared for the time warp- your current car will instantly feel 10 years older when you get back in after the test drive.

Tesla don't do hard sell, even at quarter end in my experience. She sounds like a recent hire who hasn't been disabused of the 20th century dealer mindset yet.

Enjoy, it's an unreal experience!

9. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I would not ask the Tesla salesperson a single question. Everything they have ever said to me has turned out to be incorrect.

Ask any questions you have about the car or the company here and ignore anything a Tesla rep tells you. It will always be wrong.

• Like x 1
  10. VRUNNER

VRUNNER Member

So my experience was similar. While it wasn’t the typical “If I can get you to this payment” or “what is it going to take to get you to buy today” routine, they did ask me several times to put down a deposit, asked me good closing questions that led back to them asking me to buy. Nothing wrong with that, most people need a little push sometimes. A good salesperson will always ask for the sale, and yes while they aren’t on “commission” they do get incentives to sell and close deals. Like everything else, some are motivated, some aren’t.

I was also told about the incentives and end of quarter push, in reality I wasn’t in any real hurry to buy but when I was told about the upgrades and free supercharging I pulled the trigger.

So I would suggest to the OP to ask for free upgrades on a stock unit or discount on a demo, if your going to get anything today would be the day. Plus you get the federal tax credit that will phase out this year.

• Like x 1
  11. Petrocelli

Petrocelli Member

Here's what I would do:

Tell the salesperson you are going to buy a car today.

Tell the salesperson that you are going to buy either a Tesla or a [insert brand].

Then see what happens.

If nothing happens and you want the car, buy the car today. Life is short.

12. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

That sounds more like a New York thing.

In LA we’re lucky if they remember to show up for the test drive.

13. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Active Member

yes. This is true.