Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive Tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think they are going to pull this old scam on you, if that's what you're worried about. "Hard sell" would probably consist of trying to determine which of their inventory cars are ones you'd be happy to buy.

4square2.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: akidesir
Figure out what you want.

Dual Motor/All Wheel Drive?

Willing to pay a premium for performance model?

What is your range (battery capacity) / price trade-off? In general, get the largest battery capacity you can. The car is so good you’ll want to drive it everywhere.

How important are specific body and interior colors?

There are some people who gain great pleasure from paying absolute lowest price, even if they have to fall short of their dream.

Others know what they want, would rather pay the cost to enjoy it than spend years regretting the compromises.

If you’re clear on these, then the choices fall into place.

Be prepared for the time warp- your current car will instantly feel 10 years older when you get back in after the test drive.

Tesla don't do hard sell, even at quarter end in my experience. She sounds like a recent hire who hasn't been disabused of the 20th century dealer mindset yet.

Enjoy, it's an unreal experience!

William - Thats what I thought, but when the girl called me yesterday to confirm my test drive she actually started the full press sales pitch. Including the lines: "What do I have to do for you to take delivery this weekend?" "Just so you know, there will never be a deal this good again after this weekend" I know the BS lines and I also know I want a Tesla, but she def was starting with the hard sell and she hasnt even had me for the test drive yet.

So my experience was similar. While it wasn’t the typical “If I can get you to this payment” or “what is it going to take to get you to buy today” routine, they did ask me several times to put down a deposit, asked me good closing questions that led back to them asking me to buy. Nothing wrong with that, most people need a little push sometimes. A good salesperson will always ask for the sale, and yes while they aren’t on “commission” they do get incentives to sell and close deals. Like everything else, some are motivated, some aren’t.

I was also told about the incentives and end of quarter push, in reality I wasn’t in any real hurry to buy but when I was told about the upgrades and free supercharging I pulled the trigger.

So I would suggest to the OP to ask for free upgrades on a stock unit or discount on a demo, if your going to get anything today would be the day. Plus you get the federal tax credit that will phase out this year.

Reactions: Big Earl
Here's what I would do:

Tell the salesperson you are going to buy a car today.

Tell the salesperson that you are going to buy either a Tesla or a [insert brand].

Then see what happens.

If nothing happens and you want the car, buy the car today. Life is short.

William - Thats what I thought, but when the girl called me yesterday to confirm my test drive she actually started the full press sales pitch. Including the lines: "What do I have to do for you to take delivery this weekend?" "Just so you know, there will never be a deal this good again after this weekend" I know the BS lines and I also know I want a Tesla, but she def was starting with the hard sell and she hasnt even had me for the test drive yet.

That sounds more like a New York thing.

In LA we’re lucky if they remember to show up for the test drive.