Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test drive

Barksdae

Oct 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
I am interested in ordering a model x but haven’t spent any time in the car. There is not a DesignStudio within 3 hours of me so if I call my closest design studio will they let me drive a demo one for a few days? What’s the proper protocol? Thanks in advance.

sidmini

Banned
Dec 1, 2015
london
I believe you need to at least visit the design studio showroom before they allow you on a 24 hour overnight test drive. Would be nice if they drive the car over to you to run through the features. Some more information in PM to you.

Last edited:

tpham07

Mar 21, 2017
Rhode Island
if its any consolation, the majority of tesla owners never test drove a tesla before ordering one. That includes 95% of model 3 owners.

For me, i realized that test driving a tesla, wouldn't do anything to change my mind about buying one. i was already set.

Barksdae

Oct 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
I called my closest Design Studio and they will let me keep it one night but not 2. I offered to pick it up at the close of business Friday and return it before they open Sunday (so they would only lose its use 1 day) and they said no. The challenges of a good economy and a Seller's market. : )

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC