TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Test drive

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Barksdae, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Barksdae

Barksdae Member

I am interested in ordering a model x but haven’t spent any time in the car. There is not a DesignStudio within 3 hours of me so if I call my closest design studio will they let me drive a demo one for a few days? What’s the proper protocol? Thanks in advance.

2. pkodali

pkodali Banned

You should call them or book it online. They do sometimes allow for overnight test drives

3. sidmini

sidmini Banned

#3 sidmini, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    I believe you need to at least visit the design studio showroom before they allow you on a 24 hour overnight test drive. Would be nice if they drive the car over to you to run through the features. Some more information in PM to you.

4. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

if its any consolation, the majority of tesla owners never test drove a tesla before ordering one. That includes 95% of model 3 owners.

For me, i realized that test driving a tesla, wouldn't do anything to change my mind about buying one. i was already set.

5. Barksdae

Barksdae Member

I called my closest Design Studio and they will let me keep it one night but not 2. I offered to pick it up at the close of business Friday and return it before they open Sunday (so they would only lose its use 1 day) and they said no. The challenges of a good economy and a Seller's market. : )