Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am trying to get my hands on a Model X for a test drive, but it seems impossible! Anyone have any insights into how to accomplish? Seem like a ton of money to plunk down to order without every having sat in one. We are in South Florida, Vero Beach area.

Welcome to TMC!

You're asking about a test drive for a new (2021 or later) Model X? They're not even in production as of early September 2021 (aside from test / pre-production cars). The first production cars are likely to go to people who have placed orders...service centers and galleries won't get cars to give test drives until well after customers have taken delivery (IMHO). Basically there's no way to get a test drive of the not-yet-released Model X at the current time.

Note that to place an order is "only" $250, not the entire purchase price.

Bruce.

I would see if your Tesla center has a used Model X and a new Model S you can test drive. The new (2022 delivery) Model X will be close to the used one (space, seating position, etc) except for the yoke steering wheel and screens. The new Model S will have the yoke steering wheel and new screens.

• Helpful
Reactions: strider
I have a 2017 MX. As I understand it, quite a bit has changed in the 2022/23 model (which is supposed to start deliveries in Jan 2023). I hate to have to commit to a car that I've never driven or even touched. Sure $250 is not the issue. I just want to make an informed decision as I look at all of the manufacturers.

Welcome to TMC!

You're asking about a test drive for a new (2021 or later) Model X? They're not even in production as of early September 2021 (aside from test / pre-production cars). The first production cars are likely to go to people who have placed orders...service centers and galleries won't get cars to give test drives until well after customers have taken delivery (IMHO). Basically there's no way to get a test drive of the not-yet-released Model X at the current time.

Note that to place an order is "only" $250, not the entire purchase price.

Bruce.
Hello Bruce,

This explains a lot. Thank you for this information. I Love the Tesla Model X. I really want to purchase one. My only concern is I am 6' 4" Tall and I weigh 370 pounds. I just want to make sure I fit comfortably. I will go ahead and place an order today.

Michael P.