Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Test Drive?

bmah

Moderator, Supercharger Hunter
Global Moderator
Mar 17, 2015
Lafayette, CA, USA
Am trying to get my hands on a Model X for a test drive, but it seems impossible! Anyone have any insights into how to accomplish? Seem like a ton of money to plunk down to order without every having sat in one. We are in South Florida, Vero Beach area.

Welcome to TMC!

You're asking about a test drive for a new (2021 or later) Model X? They're not even in production as of early September 2021 (aside from test / pre-production cars). The first production cars are likely to go to people who have placed orders...service centers and galleries won't get cars to give test drives until well after customers have taken delivery (IMHO). Basically there's no way to get a test drive of the not-yet-released Model X at the current time.

Note that to place an order is "only" $250, not the entire purchase price.

Bruce.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I have a 2017 MX. As I understand it, quite a bit has changed in the 2022/23 model (which is supposed to start deliveries in Jan 2023). I hate to have to commit to a car that I've never driven or even touched. Sure $250 is not the issue. I just want to make an informed decision as I look at all of the manufacturers.

Welcome to TMC!

You're asking about a test drive for a new (2021 or later) Model X? They're not even in production as of early September 2021 (aside from test / pre-production cars). The first production cars are likely to go to people who have placed orders...service centers and galleries won't get cars to give test drives until well after customers have taken delivery (IMHO). Basically there's no way to get a test drive of the not-yet-released Model X at the current time.

Note that to place an order is "only" $250, not the entire purchase price.

Bruce.
Hello Bruce,

This explains a lot. Thank you for this information. I Love the Tesla Model X. I really want to purchase one. My only concern is I am 6' 4" Tall and I weigh 370 pounds. I just want to make sure I fit comfortably. I will go ahead and place an order today.

Michael P.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC