TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Test Drive

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Todd Burch, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I'm on business in Seattle and walked into the Tesla showroom today to take a look. I've got a Model S reservation and just wanted to see what was going on.

After talking with the two sales folks in the showroom, they offered a ride in the Roadster. I was giddy.

I was prepared for the acceleration and the Tesla grin. Or I thought I was.

I had clearly underestimated things. Ho-ly S**t that thing's got torque.

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

So when are you ordering your Roadster? =) Once you drive it, you'll be thinking about it often then the wait for the Model S drags on. Hopefully you can hold out longer than I did. I waited 18 months on the Model S then after my test drive in Seattle too actually, ordered the Roadster. Can't wait until it gets here!

3. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

HaHa...another one hooked...you drive one, you want one...like shootin fish in a barrel...! :biggrin::wink:

Glad you enjoyed the ride Todd...I took my Father-in-Law & Brother-in- Law out for a ride in the Toronto (white) Roadster this morning...I think now they're even more excited than I am! :biggrin::biggrin:

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

You're in good company. Over 50% of people I give rides to say "Ho-ly S**T" the first time I floor it (including me, during my test drive). Every other exclamation is in the low single digits.

Doug

5. Todd Burch

Unfortunately I can't get one...my wife would kill me and I really can't afford it, although my 3-month old would probably fit comfortably in the trunk space...(OK that's wrong...)

However, I am considering bumping my Model S reservation to a signature reservation...

6. scott451

scott451 KWH-PWR#1349Sprt,S Sig#96

Don't give up too soon. Let your wife drive a roadster. After she drives it and has the tesla grin, she may end up talking you into getting one!

7. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

My fav response was "{long pause}... hmm, {another pause}... my 911 doesn't do that."

8. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

That's how I did it guys...without her test driving the Roadster, I'd have been sunk...

9. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

was that the Genesis for "rumbling block of inefficiency?..." :biggrin::biggrin::wink:

10. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

11. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate the power of the wife behind the wheel. The same underestimation you had is her's, *times ten*. Mine was convinced on her drive after hearing me go on about my ride for a year. I do understand the price thing though...

12. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

13. Todd Burch

Judging by how your wives responded...my wife is very different from yours :).

She's very happy with her 2005 Corolla...

I'd better stick with the Model S...maybe put the rest (rest?) toward solar panels on a new house.

14. SByer

SByer '08 #383

No apologies needed! It's fun having phrases catch on. Plus, I'm all about the open source now ;-).