Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test drives affecting fsd beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model 3 with fsd beta and a model y without fsd beta. I have a friend of mine that wants to test drive both. Obviously he would love to check out the performance and handling of both ie 0 to sixty and aggressive turns. However, I don’t want that test drive to get my fsd beta yanked or lower the safety score on my model y. I assume it would definitely lower my safety score on the non beta y. But would it get my fsd beta yanked on my model 3?

Depending on what he does, it could. But, if he is not going to try FSD beta, he needs needs to not go above 80 (?). If he is actually going to try FSD Beta - then he has to be very careful ...

Each Safety Score belongs to one VIN. Once you got FSD beta, the Safety Score is irrelevant but the strikes and strikeouts will be in effect to revoke the FSD beta for that particular VIN only.

So, for your model 3 with fsd beta, make sure the test drives don't result in those strikes and strikeouts then you'll be fine. In your case, hard acceleration and turns should be fine.

For your model y without fsd beta, if you didn't enroll in Safety Score then you can do all the test drives that you want.

If you enrolled your Model Y with Saftey Score, then make sure the test drives don't violate any Safety Score parameters. In your question about "turns": I would not risk a test drive to bring the score down. About the 0 to 60, It's totally fine as long as there's no turns and no brakes because a tester with brakes might mean lowering your score!

Last edited:
Reactions: TresLA
Upvote 0