Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test driving a Plaid but want a LR question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new LR Model S has performance specs very similar to the Insane Mode on the original P85D/P90D or any P100D that didn't opt for Ludicrous Mode.

The primary difference however, is that the LR continues to pull beyond 60 MPH where as the older versions were all go from the start, then fell on their face at the top end. The LR doesn't have quite the shocking g-force from the initial start that the above noted versions had, but gets there in about the same time as those did due to the continued pull

At 3.1 0-60, for $40,000 less, you're still getting a car that will beat just about any other car on the street, including most that have claimed 0-60 times in the same range or even quicker. At the drag strip on a prepped surface, maybe they'll beat you, but on the street, with traction limitations, the Model S LR will win just about any race.

If you've ever driven one of the previously noted models, it's somewhere in the ballpark of those, if that helps, just in case you can't find one.
I couldnt agree with you more.. I contemplated the plaid but i am glad i saved the money after getting or LR and flooring it for the first time. I DEFINITELY dont feel like I am missing anything. I mean literally can only floor the damn car for maximum 5 seconds and thats it, you are literally going to get arrested!

I have been used to driving cars that did 0-60mph in the 4-6 sec ranges (ie. Lexus IS-F, 21 F150 3.5L, etc), but this LR is just insane.

The new LR Model S has performance specs very similar to the Insane Mode on the original P85D/P90D or any P100D that didn't opt for Ludicrous Mode.

The primary difference however, is that the LR continues to pull beyond 60 MPH where as the older versions were all go from the start, then fell on their face at the top end. The LR doesn't have quite the shocking g-force from the initial start that the above noted versions had, but gets there in about the same time as those did due to the continued pull

At 3.1 0-60, for $40,000 less, you're still getting a car that will beat just about any other car on the street, including most that have claimed 0-60 times in the same range or even quicker. At the drag strip on a prepped surface, maybe they'll beat you, but on the street, with traction limitations, the Model S LR will win just about any race.

If you've ever driven one of the previously noted models, it's somewhere in the ballpark of those, if that helps, just in case you can't find one.
I can support this. I found that my long range model ass is most impressive above 60 mph. When you need power the most, is passing. No complaints.

I couldnt agree with you more.. I contemplated the plaid but i am glad i saved the money after getting or LR and flooring it for the first time. I DEFINITELY dont feel like I am missing anything. I mean literally can only floor the damn car for maximum 5 seconds and thats it, you are literally going to get arrested!

I have been used to driving cars that did 0-60mph in the 4-6 sec ranges (ie. Lexus IS-F, 21 F150 3.5L, etc), but this LR is just insane.
Yeah, I’ve hit 150 and it didn’t feel fast. I hope I don’t get arrested in this thing.