Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test driving Model S this evening. Anyone need any referrals if I'm tempted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kept my Model 3 reservation since I don't want to buy ICE ever again. But I have to say, I love Love LOVE our Model S, Serenity. We use it as a road car so we can cut down our use of United Airlines (and that was before their various fiascoes!)

I'd be honored for you to use my code, Sparky: Randy5120

Finance is looking doable now and I think I need the extra luggage space. Would be nice to help one of the existing S owners on here if I go for it.

Be warned once you test drive the model S there is not turning back :D
Not sure of Exchange rate to pound but here is USD ranges

Model S starts at ~$70K and goes up to ~$168K
Model 3 starts at ~$35K and goes up to ?$TBD

I started my Tesla search with a a model 3 in mind and came to the following conclusions:
1) I did not want to wait any longer ....model 3 in my case was looking like 2019 delivery at best ...Europe will be longer ?
2) I want to get off fossil fuel ASAP and do my part to reduce my personal CO2 emissions
3) Model 3 at the $35K will be .... bare bones , black, and zero extra features
4) Model 3 is mass market EV ... it looks to be a great sedan... however it is not a cheap car!
5) Model S is in its 6th year of production ... way up the learning curve ... model 3 is for early very adopters so the lower price will likely come with its own costs .....defects etc. especially for year-one(2017) vehicles ....
6) I would also speculate that the Model S will have a much higher residual value than model 3 , I had also investigated purchasing a model S CPO in making my decision and I could not justify CPO vs. new ...model S residual values at least in CPO market are quite good...

So if you can figure out how to afford it ... i would recommend bare bones Model S (which is a fantastic EV btw) and add AP /FSD over time as it improves in reliability and safety....

If this is a useful post my referral code is below

So jealous ...I've avoided the test drive of the S for fear of future disappointment and increased self induced pressure to get a used 2013-14 one.
When you are dealing with a cap at $45k, the option to get new bare-bones S is way off the table.

I'm holding out at this point...at least until the 2nd reveal. So much to learn in the next few months.

The wife and I test drove an X75D and X90D a couple of months ago. Was an amazing experience and not going to lie, we tried to make the X100D work for us, but ultimately decided to wait until the wife finishes her doctorate in a few years. Congrats on the deposit!! Now the wait begins....

Really? I thought it was just the first five from each owner. Learn something new every day! Of course they keep changing the policy with supercharging weekly anyway.
Nope only first 5. People who use code without reading will be in for a surprise once they learn they are not getting free unlimited charging if they use any random code that ran out oif free supercharging referrals. I guess it pays to read.