Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drove Today. Bought Today. Confirmed Today. Watch Out Austin....P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was your test drive with or without the air suspension? If you test drove with it and order one without it you might be kicking yourself everyday after that. Just helping u to avoid cognitive dissonance. Make sure u know what youre losing without the air susp (which is a big loss imo)

I had my test drive at the Austin location today too. They happen to have one with standard suspension. I liked the one that I drove (pearl white) and asked if it was air or standard. One of the dudes said air. So I made an appt to go back and do another test drive. My son and I just happened to swing by about 45mins later after a McDs stop because I wanted to change my time. I was informed that I DID drive the standard suspension. So I'm going standard!

Im sitting here sleepless that I should either change to S85 and air or buck up $8k more and get plus. Feel like I'm in no mans land with just P85. Call Telsa in morning and see if too late to change.

Isn't it a bit late over there? I doubt you'll miss that $8000... and you'll not want to leave anything to chance with your first of many "challenges" out on the open highway.

:tongue:

Personally, I would've gone for the p85, with 19s and air susp.

4500 is a bit rich for 21s IMHO, in USA (not Australia mind you) you could prob get a decent set of 21s with tires for half that.

Whereas modifying the suspension later would be a hassle.

Just my 2c.

I've got my test drive this afternoon. It will be my second, which took a little cajoling to get them to let me. (Had to say it was all that was keeping me from pulling the trigger.) My first was in Houston over July 4th weekend. My test was really short IMO, like 12 minutes. I spent so much time talking to the very friendly and knowledgeable rep that I later realized I hadn't paid much attention to the actual driving experience. Aside from the "punch it" moments of course :).

I'm really interested to see how busy it is, between the holiday weekend and all the people in town for the UT game tonight. I've been researching nonstop since July so maybe they'll let me take the post-drive Q&A time and add it to my test drive. Think they would mind if I went to check out the San Marcos SC? :biggrin:

I've got my test drive this afternoon. It will be my second, which took a little cajoling to get them to let me. (Had to say it was all that was keeping me from pulling the trigger.) My first was in Houston over July 4th weekend. My test was really short IMO, like 12 minutes. I spent so much time talking to the very friendly and knowledgeable rep that I later realized I hadn't paid much attention to the actual driving experience. Aside from the "punch it" moments of course :).

I'm really interested to see how busy it is, between the holiday weekend and all the people in town for the UT game tonight. I've been researching nonstop since July so maybe they'll let me take the post-drive Q&A time and add it to my test drive. Think they would mind if I went to check out the San Marcos SC? :biggrin:

What are you waiting on??? I don't know how you can go to a test drive and not buy one immediately :smile:

Should be busy on Sat--always is busy in Domain, but game day, etc will make worse.

Enjoy the test drive--are you buying one???

What are you waiting on??? I don't know how you can go to a test drive and not buy one immediately :smile:

Should be busy on Sat--always is busy in Domain, but game day, etc will make worse.

Enjoy the test drive--are you buying one???

If you want to donate a part of the proceeds from selling your Porsche I'll buy one right now! Haha...

I'm one of the smaller percentage of folks for whine this is a real stretch purchase. This will cost about twice as much as my last two cars (only cars I've owned, 8 years & 9 years) combined. I was also waiting on more info on the new Texas rebate.

My friends and coworkers are sick of hearing me talk about Tesla by now, haha. Really agonizing over spending $80k for a car.

Okay,you already HAD a test drive.
How many "DO-OVERS" and second chances do you typically get in life?

In my experience, NOT too many.

Just go to the web site and order your car already.

This forum has a bunch of folks who got up to the fence, couldn't decide, and all it took was a slightly encouraging word to give yourself permissions to GET THE CAR.
Just Do It.

I'm one of the smaller percentage of folks for whine this is a real stretch purchase. This will cost about twice as much as my last two cars (only cars I've owned, 8 years & 9 years) combined. I was also waiting on more info on the new Texas rebate.

Okay, so for you the only thing holding you back is the money. Understandable. You've just got to break it down to what really worries you about the money. Is it going to really put you in the danger zone or will you simply have to make a sacrifice or two (like not go out to dinner so much, or reduce spending on some other non-essential part of your budget). As much as I want you to buy this car, waiting for Gen III, or just waiting until you can save a bit more first might be the prudent thing. If you really can afford it and are simply feeling a bit nauseous about dropping that much on the car, then you just need to get over it already and buy the car. :biggrin:

STOP THE PRESS - UPDATE 10:58AM (8/31)

Pluslog_zps0174bf5f.png

Okay was tossing and turning all night wishing I had got the P85+. I finally realized that I either need to load it up or get an S85--P85 wasn't going to cut it coming from 911. Boy now I know why they give you two weeks to confirm--I confirmed yesterday, but was able to make change.

Talked to my rep (had to wait for their store to open) and CHANGE IS MADE. P85+ (and of course added Air).

Signature has new config...off to the races (pun intended)
:smile:

As they say here in Texas--Go Big or Go Home.

Last edited:
If you want to donate a part of the proceeds from selling your Porsche I'll buy one right now! Haha...

My friends and coworkers are sick of hearing me talk about Tesla by now, haha. Really agonizing over spending $80k for a car.

I don't think the rebate will likely happen but you never know. You might be waiting a year or two to find out though. I agree, place the order:)

STOP THE PRESS - UPDATE 10:58AM (8/31)

Pluslog_zps0174bf5f.png

Okay was tossing and turning all night wishing I had got the P85+. I finally realized that I either need to load it up or get an S85--P85 wasn't going to cut it coming from 911. Boy now I know why they give you two weeks to confirm--I confirmed yesterday, but was able to make change.

Talked to my rep (had to wait for their store to open) and CHANGE IS MADE. P85+ (and of course added Air).

Signature has new config...off to the races (pun intended)
:smile:

As they say here in Texas--Go Big or Go Home.

Excellent!

Congratulations. I have read with interests many of your posts and how you went through the many ups and downs about the car, then bam! You drove it. That is why 25% of people who drive one buy one:biggrin:. I am confident you will not regret leaving the German car companies behind. Having come from the Porsche stable I am glad you went for the P+. Lots of holy s**t moments in your future.