Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drove Today. Bought Today. Confirmed Today. Watch Out Austin....P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! Did you manage to test drive the difference between the air and the standard suspension over bumps and corners etc?

No, just ended up with P85+ which you have to order air anyways.

TESLA JUST CALLED

Confirmed changes, then I got a weekend surprise--transcript as follows:

TM - "Oh and by the way we have a Sept 16th slot avail, would you like to take delivery in late Sept?"
Me - "Are you joking! Um, **ll YES!"
TM - "Okay great, we'll make that happen, we just had a slot open for 16th"
:smile::smile::smile::smile:​

Last edited:
I think you made the best decision to spring for the Plus with air suspension. I am glad you decided without my interference! I would hate to push somebody into spending so much more money. I love my Plus and could never be happy with anything else. I also love my grey wheels on my Brown P85+, but I think your black car will be much more stunning with the silver wheels.

When you spend so much money, it is best to not compromise. Congratulations on a really good decision.

I think you made the best decision to spring for the Plus with air suspension. I am glad you decided without my interference! I would hate to push somebody into spending so much more money. I love my Plus and could never be happy with anything else. I also love my grey wheels on my Brown P85+, but I think your black car will be much more stunning with the silver wheels.

When you spend so much money, it is best to not compromise. Congratulations on a really good decision.

Well you were certainly part of the hand that pushed me over :biggrin:

I am with you though, dropping another $8K was worth it to sleep at night and not ever have to wonder "what if".

Excited it's going to be built in a few weeks--but still a long 30 days.

Well you were certainly part of the hand that pushed me over :biggrin:

I am with you though, dropping another $8K was worth it to sleep at night and not ever have to wonder "what if".

Excited it's going to be built in a few weeks--but still a long 30 days.

Can't believe the wait is down to 30 days now for some configurations. Some of us waited over 3 years=) Great progress though on the delivery front.

Just when he thinks he's done...

texex91 - Have you made any decisions no/yes/details on (aftermarket) Paint Armor? Window tinting? Makeup (carbon fiber nose wrap)? Implants (dashcam, artsci inventions, etc.)?

Just when he thinks he's done...

texex91 - Have you made any decisions no/yes/details on (aftermarket) Paint Armor? Window tinting? Makeup (carbon fiber nose wrap)? Implants (dashcam, artsci inventions, etc.)?

Oh trust me I know I'm not done :smile: All my 911's got Ceramic Tint (amazing stuff), don't like paint Armour because cannot wax car (and I love to polish and wax the black), will look at other CF nose wrap etc later.

Have electrician coming next week to install 14-50 in garage...one step at a time.

don't like paint Armour because cannot wax car
/confused

Metropolitan Detail | Metropolitan Detail - Detail 101
Are you supposed to wax clear bra?
Definitely. And if you purchase XPEL through us, we’ll wax your film for free, for LIFE. Because even though your paint job is protected by a synthetic clear bra, it will still be susceptible to damaging natural acids found in common driving, especially with 3M or VentureShield film. Things like bird droppings, insects, and tree sap can eat through the clear bra, and without wax can be a pain in the neck to clean. By layering your clear bra with a sacrificial barrier of wax, you remove potential scratch inducing methods of removal such as pressure washing or improper polishing. Your best peace of mind will come with an Xpel self-healing clear bra and a nice coating of carnauba wax.

Last edited:
Thank you for moving Nigel. This thread is dedicated to the wonderful choice to buy a P85+...of which we are now 30 days away :smile:

One night down and 29 more to go--oh my this is going to be a tough one :crying:

I was thinking last night about the back and forth on + or not. No doubt it's a personal choice, and one must drive it to see if it's best for them.

Anyone reading this that is changing from a Porsche or other sports car with any pep and sporty driving characteristics--run, don't walk, to the P85+. What you get with the + is what you will be use to (handling, suspension, etc) with a sports car.

Last edited:
And sometimes a good steak hits the spot. Heck, when you get your Model S we can have a meet up for steak to celebrate.

Absolutely--nice juicy cut of beef--Texas style.

You can check out my leather seats as well. :biggrin:

Picked up a little something yesterday in Austin for my ICE keys until P85+ shows up

867CDA09-D544-45D8-9F91-D1C5C58FCC88-6352-00000348F273C208_zps50b005df.jpg

Last edited: