TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Test new NEMA 14-50 outlet - Media, PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by sdchicken, Apr 23, 2018.

1. sdchicken

sdchicken Member

Hi everyone! I just got my Model 3 configuration email last week and placed my order on Thursday, so had a new NEMA 14-50 outlet installed on the wall near my driveway by an electrician this weekend. I won't be able to test the outlet until I get the car in what I am guessing will be six weeks, so was wondering if anyone nearby would be willing to give it a test run for a free charge? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Xenius

Xenius Active Member

I'm right up the road from you. Could help out either this Thursday evening, or we can figure sometime next week.

• Like x 1
  3. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

I work down the road, could swing by at lunchtime if you'd like.

• Like x 1
  4. PatD

PatD Member

I'm in Broomall, so happy to swing by as well if needed. Maybe you should let us know what your schedule is in terms of what works best (Nights, days, etc.) then we can figure out who's free.

• Like x 1
  5. sdchicken

sdchicken Member

Planning to test the outlet with Xenius right now, thank you everyone for your offers!

• Like x 1
  6. model3fan

model3fan Member

@PatD or anyone else local who may be interested, there is a new proposal for the land over by Cardinal O'Hara to be developed. The plan is to take the existing Don G property, developing an additional 9 acres and leaving 160+ acres of forest that will be maintained. It is 40% smaller than the prior Goodman plan that was knocked down by the community.

I bring this up here in case anyone is interested in attending the meeting at O'Hara tomorrow 5/21 at 6pm to learn more. I have written the developer already saying I know everything has to get approved first (and the Marple Green Space group is against the plan), but if it gets approved, it would be a great place to have Tesla destination and ChargePoint chargers.

I understand the desire to keep the green space & there are a lot of shopping areas around, but my opinion is we can't enjoy the space now and this plan presents a good compromise of green space but also allowing the archdiocese to sell the land. I think either way something is going there, so now's the time to speak up to hopefully get something the community can benefit from. I'd love to have a Tesla charging station near a new Wegmans.

More info here Our Plans - Town Center at Marple Preserve -- even if you can't make the meeting, the site has information to contact the developer and/or local commissioners should you want to.