Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test new NEMA 14-50 outlet - Media, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! I just got my Model 3 configuration email last week and placed my order on Thursday, so had a new NEMA 14-50 outlet installed on the wall near my driveway by an electrician this weekend. I won't be able to test the outlet until I get the car in what I am guessing will be six weeks, so was wondering if anyone nearby would be willing to give it a test run for a free charge? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

@PatD or anyone else local who may be interested, there is a new proposal for the land over by Cardinal O'Hara to be developed. The plan is to take the existing Don G property, developing an additional 9 acres and leaving 160+ acres of forest that will be maintained. It is 40% smaller than the prior Goodman plan that was knocked down by the community.

I bring this up here in case anyone is interested in attending the meeting at O'Hara tomorrow 5/21 at 6pm to learn more. I have written the developer already saying I know everything has to get approved first (and the Marple Green Space group is against the plan), but if it gets approved, it would be a great place to have Tesla destination and ChargePoint chargers.

I understand the desire to keep the green space & there are a lot of shopping areas around, but my opinion is we can't enjoy the space now and this plan presents a good compromise of green space but also allowing the archdiocese to sell the land. I think either way something is going there, so now's the time to speak up to hopefully get something the community can benefit from. I'd love to have a Tesla charging station near a new Wegmans.

More info here Our Plans - Town Center at Marple Preserve -- even if you can't make the meeting, the site has information to contact the developer and/or local commissioners should you want to.