Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Riders: How did Model 3 Interior space compare to the S???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think that the measurements of the prototype 3 door opening could be compared to the dimensions of an S (by the factory so as to not leak any confidential info). Seems like by the time you get to do a "butt first" its too late to back out of the deal. Could a salesman do the compare?

I didn't go to the event but my cousin did who is 6'3" and he described the following:

"I didn't get a chance to sit in the front because a guy about 6'5" who looked like he worked at the event but was not working jumped in the front seat :( He said that he was comfortable in the front and I was sitting behind him so it was ultimately a good test. Getting in was easier than the back of the S because the roof height is taller than the S, also the wheel well doesn't interfere as much with the opening of the rear door. Lastly the car is lower so you get in and squat down a bit which made it easier. Headroom once in was great because there was just glass, similar to the difference between the solid roof and the pano roof on the S, but since there wasn't a cross beam behind your head you had that much more room. Ultimately it was just as spacious as the S from front to back (Headroom to leg/foot room). The car is narrower so fitting 3 people in the back was not fun. If the middle man was not there it would have been much more enjoyable. The floor is flat like all teslas so your knees are a bit high, but I did not have much trouble getting my long legs around the back of the seat."