Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Track at Epcot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrComputer

TeslaClubLA President
Jan 29, 2009
Sherman Oaks, CA
Just came back from a conference in Orlando and a took an afternoon to go to Epcot and ride my favorite attraction Test Track. A few months ago Disney updated the ride by changing the facades and queue but left the actual ride track and vehicles the same. The sad part about this ride is that it is a shining example of what electric vehicles can do yet it is sponsored by GM with nothing but ICE vehicle themes and displays throughout. Since it opened in 1998 the ride vehicles have been electric and reach speeds of 65 MPH. It is the fastest ride Disney has ever build. It would be a perfect fit for Tesla to sponsor (once they grow a lot larger) and re-theme into modern example of what electric cars can do.

Just came back from a conference in Orlando and a took an afternoon to go to Epcot and ride my favorite attraction Test Track. A few months ago Disney updated the ride by changing the facades and queue but left the actual ride track and vehicles the same. The sad part about this ride is that it is a shining example of what electric vehicles can do yet it is sponsored by GM with nothing but ICE vehicle themes and displays throughout. Since it opened in 1998 the ride vehicles have been electric and reach speeds of 65 MPH. It is the fastest ride Disney has ever build. It would be a perfect fit for Tesla to sponsor (once they grow a lot larger) and re-theme into modern example of what electric cars can do.
Dr.Computer, I was just there about 3 weeks ago and there was much more than the facade changed. The entire process of designing your own car is new, you could build it to be pure EV, solar powered, hydrogen, lots of options. At least 2 of the vehicles in the queue were all electric as well. Indeed the ride itself was changed somewhat (same track, true, but at least the 'adventure' was a bit different.

I don't disagree that they could have done more and it would be cool if it were a Tesla sponsored thing, but I suspect it's well outside of Tesla's budget at this time.

2013-03-14 09.19.43.jpg
2013-03-14 09.24.15.jpg