Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tested 2.0 11300km. CAC 155.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was looking at a Roadster yesterday. Would use it as ”enthusiast-car” for nice summer days. It had driven 11300km. All original, had the original battery from year 2010 and the CAC was 155.5 when I entered the Service menu.

Car had big service 2 years ago (new brakes also). PEM replaced three years ago.

No error messages in driver display. Except ”TPMS” that came up during testdrive...

Dowloaded the complete log on an USB-stick.

What program should i use and what should I look for? Doesn’t now what is on the USB-stick. Just read here that ”I should check the logs.” But since CAC good, PEM exchanged, brakes exchanged, no red warning message (except TPMS fault) most parts should be rather OK?

Thinking of buying. Unfortunately some scratched rims. And many small paint-chip under door. Gravel from front wheel? Time for new service probably soon. TPMS fault? My guess is this would be at least 3000-6000$ correcting including new 4 fresh tires.

Are prices stable or on the way up/down?

(Asked price seems i line with other ads in Europe and US.) But I got a feeling rather heavy discount is needed on the askingprices to find buyers on todays market.

Attachments

• 7C5EBA54-529E-4DC1-B073-A904E86414A6.jpeg
    7C5EBA54-529E-4DC1-B073-A904E86414A6.jpeg
    526 KB · Views: 88
Tires are going to need continual replacement, more so than on any other car you own.
Heavily discounted for scratched rims on an 8 year old vehicle is probably pushing your luck. Remember most of us brought sight unseen, we just researched a lot.
The headlight issue is well documented on this site. As is reading the log file. As is the TPMS.

Before you ask for a discount with a near perfect battery worth 20k a new 10k PEM. A little search button goes a long way. And while it’s great to see people interested in buying these unique vehicles, being pretty much unsupported in as much as 2500 vehicles in the entire run v 5000 vehicles a week for the model 3 don’t expect to get some problems fixed any time soon. Some faults with the car may never be fixed. Some have been upgraded and addressed many times over.

The investment in a car like this is the fun, the value is pretty stagnant around 50-55k for a 2010. Price from there reflects the interior, dash, HID, carbon content, charging accessories. Roof options.
Double din facia. Full carbon, both CAN’s, a Roadster HPWC, Taylor mesh top + visium + carbon. Adjustable suspension stock or aftermarket all being most desirable that will fetch a premium.
Low milage is not really a factor, 11,500 and already a new PEM makes me think I the service destruction bug at play there. A lot of cars came with Clear wrap which I’m surprised was not included on all cars.
Don’t count on the value going up, especially with the 2020 Roadster nearing completion, I think a few more old ones will surface on the market when that happens. Right now if you want a 2 door convertible electric sports car the pickings are slim, but when that changes so will the market.

Thanks for response!

Has read ALL I can find regarding Roadsters i Nordic forums. And probably 50 pages of all written (139+ tec) on this forum. Makes one both thrilled and scared at the same time...

Also checked all Ads I can find in Europe and US. Thats why I say that the price is ”in line” with other ads when compared different specs and status/uppgrades.

Regarding heavy discount was to the fact that it seems ads live long and when possible to see pricedecrease it looks like some big discounts in some cases before an actual buyer turns up.

The asking price for the one I Checked would converted be like 82k$ and this is quite high but also a quite unique ex regarding mileage and full spec and battery in perfect condition, exchanged PEM, first owner and so. Probably would save at least 10k$ from importing one quite similar. (Yes I have not valued the ”sig series” so much)

PEM was changed since Tesla Service center destroyed/broke it by misstake when at service. (Exchanged for free of course)

I have seen all the servicehistory on paper and original reciept and so.

Har to say of future values on rare/low volume cars. I think both Jensen FF, Delorean and Panteras are quite rare but the prices have never ”sky rocket” for them as far as I know.

So my interest is more of having a unique car for nice sundat drives thats hopefully holds its value.

I’m aware of the difficulties gettong help and spareparts for the Roadster.

Have beendriving BEV-cars since 2013 and had eight of them. (Both P85 and X100) Driven 160k km. And now has a Kia e-Niro (BEV) as daily driver.

There’s no harm in trying. The other part of the equation is if the seller really wants to sell or is just seeing what the market looks like. If he’s not motivated then they probably won’t budge. 82k is a lot imho but if it’s the right colour, model spec then you may have to pay sticker unfortunately.