Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tested my CCS1 adapter for the first time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my first charge with my CCS1 adapter in my 2022 Model X Plaid on a free 50kw charger.. Charge started around 45kwh and went quickly to 48 to 49 kwh and remained there almost until the end of the charge. Charged from 11 to 92%

20220701_202322.jpg

Nice. How do we find free charging?
Very easy. Get the Plugshare app. Set your profile to include all connectors you have an adapter for (I have both, Chademo and CCS, so I select all fast charging types). Then UNCHECK the box called "REQUIRES FEE". If you only want to find free fast chargers, uncheck J1772, Tesla and NEMA 14-50 and it should only show Supercharger, Chademo and CCS that are free..

Last edited:
Hi how long did it take to charge from 11 to 92% on the CCS charger?

Thanks
1 hour and 45 minutes because it was a 50kw charger. I have seen videos of people charging over 200kw on 350kw chargers with that adapter.. My speed was between 45 and 49kwh for the entire charge which is the maximum that the particular charger was able to provide. I have not tried the adapter on a high powered charger yet but based on other people's reports, it's about the same charging time than on a Tesla 250kw supercharger.

1 hour and 45 minutes because it was a 50kw charger. I have seen videos of people charging over 200kw on 350kw chargers with that adapter.. My speed was between 45 and 49kwh for the entire charge which is the maximum that the particular charger was able to provide. I have not tried the adapter on a high powered charger yet but based on other people's reports, it's about the same charging time than on a Tesla 250kw supercharger.
Thanks much for your kind and detailed sharing.

Had another session with the CCS adapter yesterday and it was impressive. I charged at another 50kw charger and I pulled over 49kw from charge start to charge end. I have charged at the same charger with the Chademo adapter before and it would start it like 44 to 45 kwh and slowly increase until it hits 49kwh around 80% SoC. With the CCS1 adapter, it charges at max speed from start to end. Not bad..
Screenshot_20220721-151547.jpg

Reactions: BonB
Very easy. Get the Plugshare app. Set your profile to include all connectors you have an adapter for (I have both, Chademo and CCS, so I select all fast charging types). Then UNCHECK the box called "REQUIRES FEE". If you only want to find free fast chargers, uncheck J1772, Tesla and NEMA 14-50 and it should only show Supercharger, Chademo and CCS that are free..
must be nice
shows 1 in PDX area but details say "unknown" for price, free for J1772 :(