Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Testers wanted: connecting your AC to a google calendar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An app version of TeslaTasks is available for open beta test in the Google Play Store. The iPhone version is being worked on.
Play Store states that I have no eligible devices. :(
The plan was to install it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 5.22.06 PM.png

@SeBsZ well, I've been running and using my own service for over a month now. It takes a lot of time moving from a private solution to a generic one, and all the time I have been using just the one token without any problems. Most of the time there is no appointment, so it won't contact tesla, and it still works. So. Hm. Apparently it does not expire or not quickly.

@JohnnyG it is my first deploy of an android app in the store, and during it said it required API 28 support. So I upgraded the descriptor for that. But I'll start playing with lowering the API so it will match your device. But, ahm, it's a generic Java application (one code base for all platforms), so if you download the one from the website on your mac or PC, you'll get the same thing. :-D

Reactions: JohnnyG
@JohnnyG it is my first deploy of an android app in the store, and during it said it required API 28 support. So I upgraded the descriptor for that. But I'll start playing with lowering the API so it will match your device. But, ahm, it's a generic Java application (one code base for all platforms), so if you download the one from the website on your mac or PC, you'll get the same thing. :-D
eek! API 28 was just released on August 6, 2018; alongside Android [P]ie.
Very few devices will meet that requirement, at this time.
You'll want it to support API 24-28, which are the currently supported levels (Android 7, 8, 9).
But yeah, I'll stick to the Mac for now then. :D

@SeBsZ well, I've been running and using my own service for over a month now. It takes a lot of time moving from a private solution to a generic one, and all the time I have been using just the one token without any problems. Most of the time there is no appointment, so it won't contact tesla, and it still works. So. Hm. Apparently it does not expire or not quickly.

Fine by me if you say it does not expire. I was just politely telling you it does. When you get an access token, why do you think the response contains a value called 'expires_in'? The value is always 3888000, which when converted from seconds to days gives you a validity of 45 days. After 45 days your token will expire.

Fine by me if you say it does not expire. I was just politely telling you it does. When you get an access token, why do you think the response contains a value called 'expires_in'? The value is always 3888000, which when converted from seconds to days gives you a validity of 45 days. After 45 days your token will expire.

I'm only stating what my experience is so far, but I already started looking into refreshing the token. But of course thank you for pointing it out :) 45 days is a rather long expiration time for a token. Usually it is minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyG and SeBsZ
The paste functionality should be working now. A long-press popup menu was not very stable (cross platform code, this also needs to run on iOS, but going to revisit that), so I've added a paste icon after the textfield for the relevant fields for now.

Just tried it myself again from my Android phone; no problems. Are you copying the correct URL from Google Calendar? The register account function tests the URL you provide before storing it and that is throwing the error.

I've added some additional debugging to the function, if you try again I hope I can see what is going wrong. Thanks for testing!

I wanted to try, but given all the problems creating an android and ios app has, I've moved the registration logic to the web.

The system itself works pretty reliable. Often, when the app takes long to connect, prefer to create an appointment in Google calendar instead. And let TeslaTasks do the waiting for the car. Oh, and charging was added.
Manual – TeslaTasks

Reactions: JohnnyG