TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

testing model 3 drive unit in low market model s?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jerjozwik, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

ive been watching ev-west's videos for a long time, but their model s battery videos have been calling to me. their recent video about "spot the model 3 part" had me thinking... lets say tesla has been field testing model 3 motors in 60, 60D, 70, 70D, 75 and 75D models. perhaps since the facelift when all of a sudden all models got a boost in range.

the question is, would anyone know? how many people are currently tearing down high vin number cars? anyway... just thinkin.

2. 22522

22522 Active Member

I don't know more than the chassis that used to be at the local gallery, but think you all are onto something good. Thanks.

3. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

I'm sure many of the Model 3's components were tested on Model S mules. It's interesting that we had almost no idea what it looked like until the official reveal.