TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Testing the Tesla - update 2018.21.9

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by aikisteve, Jun 12, 2018.

1. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

My review of the latest software update 2018.21.9. Some minor AP improvement, some big visual improvements. But a very annoying nag time. This might actually be the very first time that I want to skip it.

2. TrafficEng

TrafficEng Member

I don't mind the nags - just keep your hand draped on the wheel and the nags are not irritating at all. However, the big problem for me is that 2018.21.9 is a BIG step backwards in terms of jumpy and nervous behavior on roads that it previously drove very well. It swerves down side lanes and follows minor road striping errors in ways that the previous version correctly ignored. Hopefully Tesla fix this in the next revision. Grrrr....

• Informative x 1
  3. NerdUno

NerdUno Member

Gee. So now on the dashboard I can see cars ahead of me in adjacent lanes just as if I had actually gazed out of the windshield. What a feature! Seriously, why waste time on eye candy when the car can't deal with stopped fire trucks??

4. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Active Member

... agreed, and the adjacent lane traffic does *NOT* show vehicles in our blind spots (would require the side cameras be activated). Eye candy at best, and dangerous when the feature implies other traffic not depicted is not there!