Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Testing the waters - 2018 Model 3 long range with 17K miles in the Chicago area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone might be interested in a 2018 deep blue metallic long range Model 3, with enhanced autopilot (no FSD). 19" sport wheels, with 17K miles. Original owners no accidents, never smoked in. Might have a few little scuffs inside from kids but overall in perfect condition.

Located in the north Chicago suburbs. Have an offer from Carvana for $49,599 so would need around $52K to make dealing with a private party sale worthwhile.

Photos available tomorrow.

Wow, Carvana offered you 49? That is more than they offered for me 2018 P3D with 17xxx miles. Weird..
Carvana has a pretty sophisticated algorithm that basically pre-matches the cars they buy with prospective buyers, so I'm guessing it can fluctuate over time, by location, etc. For comparison, CarMax offered 46K, so we're taking the Carvana offer and placed an order for a new Model 3 to replace the 2018.

Carvana has increased their offers in the past two months. We got a quote of $25,000 back in September for our 2014 Cadillac ELR. We sold it to them two weeks ago for $28,000, which is what we paid for it almost four years ago.

Having said that, I just checked their offer on our 2018 dual motor AWD with FSD with 130,000 miles and it's $13,600, down from $35,000 back in September. 😵

Are vendors allowed to hop on random for-sale posts and advertise themselves?
No, they are not, unless they have a response that is directly relevant to the discussion. If someone starts a thread explicitly asking for a solution that one of our Vendor's provides, the Vendor is welcome to respond and let the readers know that they do offer a solution for the issue being asked about. However, jumping into a for sale thread where member's have not asked explicitly for information about such a solution, is not permitted.