Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tevva Motors electric trucks: medium size cargo truck hybrid keeps diesel out of city

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tevva Motors Is Still Alive (Range-Extended Electric Trucks) | CleanTechnica

I still don't understand why we don't have more large format vehicles with battery only energy. They clearly have the room and weight carrying capacity to place the batteries in.

I'd be especially happy to see 40 ton Tesla trucks, for instance. And those customers are looking more at total cost of ownership than car buyers and not as much on how good it looks or capital costs, so it should be relatively easy to engineer and design something that is marketable. It baffles me why Tesla doesn't have a side business in trucks and tractors.

I agree that this would be a great market for Tesla to ultimately move toward. But remember Tesla is still a smallish fish in the global automobile market. I think once the X, 3, and Y are ramped up and mainstream, then Tesla may start looking at developing EV pickups and trucks.

Basic rule in business to to control your growth, too rapid expansion of a company is often the harbinger of death (whether it be geographic expansion, or product line expansion, etc...). Tesla needs to be successful with what they have now before developing model P, Q, R, etc...

We, however, are more than welcome to speculate and dream to our content! And yes, how I would love it not to hear the UPS diesel truck pull up in front of my house anymore, and instead just hear the door bell because they're driving an EV truck. If Tevva Motors can pull it off, That would be GREAT!